• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What sells the most ?

gnatt66

just a simple question, why have a newbie forum if even that isnt a 'safe haven' for newbies?

[/derail]

high impact

just a simple question, why have a newbie forum if even that isnt a 'safe haven' for newbies?

gnatt must be looking for the scrapbooking forum...:biggrin:

this thread isn't a thrashing at all...actually, everyone really behaved for the most part. You aren't going to last long in business if you can't handle that. I think the newbie threads should be more like an initiation or hazing - it separates the men from the boys OR the women from the girls . IF you can hack it then you can start asking real questions. :thankyou:

Cadmn

Mark thats funny dude the poor newbies get soo beat up. I think we should all feel sorry for them & their dumb questions NOT. cut all your competators prices in half or give the stuff away while you learn,that seems to be the way most do it.

gnatt66

gnatt must be looking for the scrapbooking forum...:biggrin:

this thread isn't a thrashing at all...actually, everyone really behaved for the most part. You aren't going to last long in business if you can't handle that. I think the newbie threads should be more like an initiation or hazing - it separates the men from the boys OR the women from the girls . IF you can hack it then you can start asking real questions. :thankyou:

its all good, Mister Impact Sir. This site is a wealth of information and I enjoy it a lot.

BTW, Who said I'm in 'the business' anyway? I'm just another hack with a chinese plotter and a dream of global vinyl domination.

I'd think the real witty posters would be thrashing on the regs in gen pop instead of trolling defenseless newbs that are here for e-slaughter...but that's me :)

by all means, carry on..if that's what gets you through the day.

Service Sign Co

I spent 1,500 on folders with clipart of OSHA & traffic control signs and distributed them to large warehouse facilities 10 yrs later I'm still making signs from them

Bogie

Go spend $50 on business cards. And make sure your business is actually registered with your municipality, etc...

high impact

Alright, that was fun...now, for maturity sake.

The original question was, what sells the most?

Every community and business plan can and will take you in a different direction. You cannot base what sells most anywhere else to what YOU are going to sell. You can be tossed around like a little powerless row boat in an ocean of vinyl asking every sailor what direction you should row OR you can be a freightliner with important cargo steaming to your destination by developing a business plan based on goals, surveys and understanding your product potential with-in your targeted demographic.

How'd I do gnatt man? More to your liking? ;-)

Ken

Start with Joe's plumbing ..on the truck..he told two friends..they told two friends..
Follow thru with what you promise..
Charge real prices..research about vinyl quality..Get a deposit..50 percent. Allow for design time into your price.
Most important..don't promise what you can't deliver..
Cheers, welcome..and good luck.
Ken

iSign

experience, knowledge and wisdom, along with creativity, talent and a little luck. That is what sells most in my shop. I use vinyl, foam, wood and paint, but I sell design, advertising & self image.

tommythesignguy

SEX SELLS... or at least thats what I have always been told. I've had limited fortune gained by pursuing that trade though - that's why I'm in the sign business.:beer

B Snyder

Hello Folks,

Finally I bought my plotter and software.

I am going to start as a home based part time job.

I need help to figure it out, What sells the most ?

Thanks to all for your valuable help!!

:help:

I sell a lot of capital E's....

Seriously...I think you put the cart before the horse but now that you're in the game with a limited budget you've just got to knock on doors, introduce yourself and hope your personality and salesmanship are reason enough for people to trust dealing with you. Once you have experience, a portfolio and a reputation you can sell people on that too. The worst thing you can do for yourself and the professional signmakers in your community is to try to get work by giving it away and having the "but I have no overhead" mentality.
Good luck!