Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do??

Discussion in 'Roland' started by stillhasdust, Jul 28, 2009.

1. stillhasdust

stillhasdust Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Charlotte
    I have already done a manual and medium cleaning. What should I do next?? My tech is about 2.5 hours away and can not come out until friday. I was wondering if anybody had suggestions.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
    Tags:
  2. sfr table hockey

sfr table hockey Very Active Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Alberta
    If you have only done a couple med cleanings, try doing a few more. At times it has taken me several cleanings to get the head clear of whatever might have slipped in. What unit do you have?

3. jiarby

jiarby Major Contributor

Feb 11, 2007
    Can you get in focus more? Looks like one whole side of cyan is gone.

4. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    we had our magenta line dry up and our capping station went bad and it took 7 cleanings before i got any ink through try a few more
    that's all i have and maybe you can clean your capping station manually

5. stillhasdust

stillhasdust Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Charlotte
    One whole side of the cyan is missing

6. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    keep medium cleaning it... you should see continual improvement in the test prints.

7. cptcorn

cptcorn adad

Jul 16, 2007
    Two Harbors
    I think he has a larger issue than just cleaning.... one whole side is pristine, while the other is junk...

8. stillhasdust

stillhasdust Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Charlotte
    Yea one side of the cyan is PERFECT and the other side isnt. I have tried cleaning solution in the caps but that didn't help

9. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    have you had any media jams or buckling that might have damaged part of the print head
    (just guessing here)

10. nesscoben

nesscoben New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    bad damper on one side of the head?

11. synergy_jim

synergy_jim Very Active Member

we had a cartridge run dry and not kick the tab out to let the printer know it was empty.... check that out also....

12. Goody029

Goody029 New Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Missing Cyan

Sound like you at least need a cap top. Might need a damper too. If you have a syringe, disconnect the cap top from that side of the head and connect to the syringe draw ink into it and see if it holds. If it does cap top, if not both.

13. guillermo

guillermo Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Northridge, California
    try this:
    :cool1:
    open the cover, and then the other cover where the pump is, find which hose is for the black and cyan is coming from the cap top, remove and attach a syringe and pull, until you see the ink, it will be mixed with black, but it will get trough the head, remove the syringe again and try again if you do not see the ink, (what I do is attach the syringe and pull, if no ink comes I use my mouth, slowly of course until you see the ink, but if you suck only air, the captop and the head is not aligned, you will feel resistance when sucking with your mout) hope this helps........................:Coffee:

14. Pacific Coast Sign

Pacific Coast Sign Active Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Check that your cartridge is not empty... how does your cap look, you may just need a new cap (replace both since you're there), use a syringe and draw ink from the Black/Cyan cap line...if you are getting air bubbles then it's your cap or you have an air leak...possibly a bad damper or o-ring. But, I do see ink in the Cyan...try the syringe and it should work if only temporarily. If it is a bad cap...only new will fix the issue. The pic is a bit blurry, but i think you'll be up and running in no time.

15. stillhasdust

stillhasdust Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Charlotte
    It was only a cap top