• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Software?

DAVE KEPHART

I Have A Gx-24 With Cutstudio.what Is The Best Compatible Program For Cutting Stencils For Paint.i Have Been Told Corel Or Adobe Illustrator.

njsigns

I personally like CorelDraw X3. I am a long time user of Adobe products, mainly Photoshop, and found CorelDraw much more intuitive than Illustrator to work in. It may just be me though...

Gene

BTW - welcome to the group!

:signs101:

zmatalucci

:Big LaughMicrosoft word,, or if you want to be real creative, use publisher.
Just kidding, it all depends on how much$ you want to spend. I use flexi, which is fairly expensive, but I'm sure someone around here has an old version for sale.

Corel X3, Casmate, slowly doing more & more in Corel and using the Casmate less. I'm an old dog, & new tricks come hard.

Fine Line Darrel :Canada 2:

Service Sign Co

I have 2 versions of Omega 2 ver. of Flexi 4 vers. of Corel & Illustrator and usually find myself useing omega more than any, but I've only been useing computers for 11 years. a lot I don'y knowI'm sure if there is something better you can get good advice here. Where is the spell checker?

DAVE KEPHART

Tahnk You,for The Help,after 30 Years Doing Custom Painting And (sorry) Paying For Vinyl I Decided To Take Advantage Of Technology And Let Teh Computer Do The Time Consuming Masking.

DAVE KEPHART

i've used exactos and have the scars to prove it.
are we talking about corel drawx3 graphics suite? i would like to create such things as, say a tribal design,make a mirror image and send to cut in low-tack mask

OldPaint

for stenciles...they sell a oil type hard paper...know as
STENCIL BOARD. its what you want to make sencils on. now cuttin this on a plotter...dont know, never did it. it is HARD and might
break your blades.
i would make pattern on paper witha pen in plotter....then trace it to what you want to make stencil on.
as far as a program to do this with.....COREL DRAW, ARTS & LETTERS 7.5. ORif you gots lotsa money....FLEXI/VMPRO/GOOBER....

Blue Steel

Not to take the thread over... but as another newb.... which version would be best for a beginner? Is x3 pretty easy to learn or should I start with an older version? thanks in advance!

OldPaint

depends on YOURE COMPUTER....X3 needs a processor 1.5 gig or higher, 512 ram or better, and h/d over 80-120 gig.
corel 10....will work on XP WELL....AND FAST on lesser machines.
as for what you are doing, old saying given to me by a copmuter programer years ago..."your machine only needs to as FAST as your SLOWEST...piece of equipment you have attached to it."