• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion What Squeegee Does Everyone Use

signheremd

We love the Blue Avery Squeegees with felt. When the felt wears out we pull it off and coat with tightly woven Velcro fuzz. they are expensive and hard to find now, so started buying red wrap squeegees from Cobra.

They make one with magnets too

Another we like is GoMakee Black squeegees with magnets

And this felt replacement is great

gnubler

Thanks for starting this thread. I've thought about this recently but have been too busy to actually research it. What's the best felt to use to prevent scuffing of laminated or chrome vinyl?
Another question: what squeegees do you prefer for various jobs? Eg: Flat signs vs vehicles.

signheremd

We do wrap the hard edge of our squeegees with 3M Teflon tape. Really like that when using for wraps. But we use the same squeegee felt of Velcro fuzz on the other edge. And we use the same squeegees for everything (which tend to be hard instead of flexible). But I will say the slightly softer ones (Gomake black and Cobra Red) seem to have some advantage for using when wrapping.

gnubler

I acquired a big lot of squeegees from the business I took over and experiment with different ones on different jobs.
Some are made entirely of felt, no hard plastic.

signheremd

I acquired a big lot of squeegees from the business I took over and experiment with different ones on different jobs.
We have a few Oshee 100% felt squeegees. I never found them useful, though I am certain other folks like them.

somcalmetim

3M Gold Squeegee for standard stuff and
"Wet Edge" Teflon Squeegees for Wraps or anything unlaminated...got tired of felt and velcro edges that still tend to scratch laminate...the Wet Edge Squeegees are expensive but quite good if kept in good condition.

MrDav3C

Always used 3M golf squeegee for standard cut vinyl graphics or anything that we have to app tape. Currently using black teflon squeegee with banana wing on it, however I find the banana wings don't last that long before they start to scratch the laminate so considering other alternatives

Johnny Best

Rapid prep pink promotional squeegee.
Geekwrap suede and felt edge, suede for etch applying wet and wet car wrap.

d fleming

I use the lidco felt on one edge 6" squeegee for 90% off applications of vinyl. I use the 12" to lay down transfer tape and then burnish with the 6". Wear 'em out, toss 'em, order more.

JBurton

Signtologist
toss them, seriously, they've caused more problems than anything around here.
We use 3m gold, some wrapped in teflon tape, and though I loved the geek squeegees, cheap wrap tools beat them out for the same product. Mostly 4", some 6", purty colors for the ladies and whatever color for the dudes. Have to drill one hole for the senior, 2 for number 2, etc. just to keep folks from nabbing someone else's and claiming it's theirs. (sharpie doesn't last long when they are getting used)
Credit cards have their uses, or room keys, if you have a sign taped to a window, just start shoving cards behind it. Eventually it'll pop off with very little risk to the window.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I feel like a loser. I just use 3m Gold and some cheap white one that I hand out for customers to use. Hard side for cut vinyl and other side wrapped with felt for printed stuff. I use the felt side wet for most of the printed stuff to avoid scratching. I guess I'll have to look into some of these others you people talk about!

JBurton

Signtologist
I feel like a loser. I just use 3m Gold and some cheap white one that I hand out for customers to use. Hard side for cut vinyl and other side wrapped with felt for printed stuff. I use the felt side wet for most of the printed stuff to avoid scratching. I guess I'll have to look into some of these others you people talk about!
Last order I had was a 4th of July special... I got them about a month later, proving the point: good, cheap, fast

JBurton

Signtologist
Is there a difference between the White, Black and Silver squeegees besides color? Is one color softer than the others or harder than the others?
The black and white are teflon, the silver are nylon. I don't care what they say, the white are slightly stiffer than the black. The silver I guess is more flexible, but I don't have one in this last batch to compare to at the moment. I think they had a rundown on their website?
To note, their 'bad apple' color is really closer to 'old broccoli'.