• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What to do with PITA client and a job that has gone south.

WestcoastSigns

What would you do if you where me???:frustrated:

I don't know material wise what you can do but can recommend what to do customer service wise.

Given that they've used you before and it was all good then, this is a hiccup. You most likely will get another job in future when they open more studios. Besides, if it was a crap job, it should be made right.

You can redo the job in same material at no cost to them.

If it needs to be done in another material, they pay the difference for the cost of the higher material.

Your installer, who you seem to work with on an ongoing basis and has done good jobs previously, should reinstall no charge given the bad job he did first time - and thats for same job or job with new type of material. If he doesn't then find someone else and don't use your guy again.

Chalk this one up to learning that you also have to tell people the cons of some media (when you know what those could be). Now if another client wants the perf, you tell them people can see inside easily at night, yada, yada. Some people it will matter and others not. Had he not had a bad install, he probably would be fine with installing blinds for night time with the same material.

I wonder if you should order a sample of the new material others are recommending to do one window to test since you've never worked with it. Otherwise you may be in the same position when some other con is discovered with the new material that isn't apparent at first.

My two cents.