Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by anotherdog, Dec 24, 2012.

1. anotherdog

anotherdog Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2008
    For the first time in many years I don't have anything to do over Christmas. I think its called a Vacation. In the past we have always had a huge job, website to rebuild or renovation. This year nada.

I have realzed that I have lost the ability to do nothing. After one weekend I am sick of TV and fed up with reading. I also discovered that all my hobbies are basically work related.

Right now I snuck into work to get some relief, but before long it will be noticed and I'll be dragged back into doing nothing...or worse conversation.

Anyone else rather be working?

Have a Very Merry Christmas and sneak some vinyl and coroplast out to help you through boxing day.

Tags:
  2. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    NO!! enjoy the holiday, eat a candy cane, watch some sappy Christmas movies and have some fun..at least that's my plan, Merry Chrsitmas

3. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    Heh. I came into the shop today as well :thumb:

4. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    If your workbench is bare, you can always dust off a notebook and do some much needed planning for next year.

I find that it's much easier to make sound decisions when there's not the press of other things weighing on my mind.

Even if the holiday festivities get dull, and everyone else becomes preoccupied with their gifts, you can still be getting things done with your pen and paper...or electronic device.

JB

5. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    duplicate post

6. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    +1

updating the portfolio images

7. rdmdarr

rdmdarr Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Lewisville, TX
    I shut my business down for two weeks every year around christmas, so now I get to reconcile checking accounts, start end of the year stuff, and start end of the month billing. Thats at least my plan....

8. DizzyMarkus

DizzyMarkus Active Member

Jan 23, 2012
    I had to --- was holding onto 2 kayaks for someone for xmas. They had them lettered up :thumb:

Markus