• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What to do?

MikePro

does look kinda pink, but no matter... documentation of client approval of artwork is the best ammunition you'll never have to use. or in this case, it will help you a LOT!

FrankenSigns.biz

I require approvals on all jobs. I do have his approval in a reply email to the art PDF proof I sent. He APPROVED the art. It matches the color proof that was printed for my installer.

Called the cops this morning. I'm sure this is considered a low priority. Hopefully I'll have a "theft of services" violation against him soon.

royster13

So you do not think you did anything wrong?....We are the professionals and it is our job to make sure they client gets what they think they are getting....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So you do not think you did anything wrong?....We are the professionals and it is our job to make sure they client gets what they think they are getting....

It's hard to do that when the customer uses the 'stupid clause' card.

copythat

Dont go crazy!

Just drive by and bring a cup of hair dye and accidentally trip and spill the contents on to both sides. You won't get your money back but it sure will give you a smile!

HulkSmash

It's hard to do that when the customer uses the 'stupid clause' card.

This is so true, but if a customer asks me to redo something...i don't just say no. Sometimes you have to take the hit and re do it. But in this case someone would have got dropped kicked.

GoodPeopleFlags

If you end up removing the wrap, I wouldn't remove it all. Too much work. I'd just remove some big hunks of it and leave the rest of removal up to him. Good thing you got money up front!

jiarby

Hopefully I'll have a "theft of services" violation against him soon.

He didn't just steal your services....

He cut a lock and broke in and stole from you to avoid paying your bill. I do not know if you were wrong for locking up his trailer, but that is a separate issue.

If he believed you were illegally witholding his property then he should have sought a legal recourse. He chose an ILLEGAL one. Breaking & Entering.

He does not even have to have taken anything... just the breaking in and entering is enough to put him in the cooler... and certainly get him to loosen up the purse strings.

Billct2

What jairby said.
He trespassed, and damaged your property.
Trade no prosecution for a check, make that cash.

FrankenSigns.biz

Believe it or not, the police have agreed that they can arrest him for "destruction of property", yes, even if it's a $10 Master Lock. This being just a minor inconvenience for him to have to be arrested and go before a magistrate and plead his side of the story. I have been given a complaint number that I am to take to the courthouse that will become an arrest warrant by my personal signature.

Simultaneously, I have been instructed to go uptown and file a civil suit (small claims $60 filing fee) for the $1000 he still owes me.

I think I can prove beyond reasonable doubt through photos, hard color proof and emails that his job is complete and to spec.

FrankenSigns.biz

This has nothing to do with color, customer service or satisfaction. This shisen head doesn't have the money to pay me and is acting irrationally to get his trailer back before I impounded it. Plain and simple.

AUTO-FX

Welll, there you go, you have one more opp to make this easy for him. He can pay , or you file. Or you might be able to avoid some bad mouthing around the neighbor hood ( by him) by reaching an agreement to change the car color for some sort of agreeable price....

Jillbeans

I wouldn't change the car color. He approved it.
I wouldn't even pee on him if he was lying thirsty in a gutter.

WildWestDesigns

He cut a lock and broke in and stole from you to avoid paying your bill. I do not know if you were wrong for locking up his trailer, but that is a separate issue.

Reasonable precaution. While the trailer was at his place getting work done, if someone had stolen it and he didn't do anything "reasonable" to protect someone else's property while it was at his place, the owners would have taken their pound of flesh from him.