• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What to learn before opening my own shop?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay, I'll do one of mine, but it s not about a haircut.
attachment.php

Attachments

• me at 2014 christmas.jpg
    me at 2014 christmas.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 123

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
attachment.php

Another reason I don't drink Bushmills, or any drink for that matter... though if i was smart, walking around with a bottle would better explain my monkey suit.

TimToad

You CAN do it, but is it legal...

If you as a company, contract more that 500 bucks, your are illegally contracting even if your subs have a license. Plan and simple... though I can see the lure of it, but it may compromise one's core values.

I would ask Fred to remove this post.

Well, that just goes to show that one should never rely strictly on the advice of the person you buy a business from or the sign installers whose workloads rely mostly on doing work for the small sign shops that presume they are exempt as long as they use said installers for their installations like we were told. When buying the business, we were told that unless you built and installed electric signs, you didn't need anything more than a local business license, liability insurance, a reseller's number and worker's comp insurance.

It was not a conscious effort on my part to evade my responsibilities or accountability. I stand corrected and will act upon this new information immediately.

Rick

Well, that just goes to show that one should never rely strictly on the advice of the person you buy a business from or the sign installers whose workloads rely mostly on doing work for the small sign shops that presume they are exempt as long as they use said installers for their installations like we were told. When buying the business, we were told that unless you built and installed electric signs, you didn't need anything more than a local business license, liability insurance, a reseller's number and worker's comp insurance.

It was not a conscious effort on my part to evade my responsibilities or accountability. I stand corrected and will act upon this new information immediately.

I stand corrected, you do have integrity...

You might want to look into a D-42 Installation license

http://www.cslb.ca.gov/About_Us/Lib.../D-42_-_Non-Electrical_Sign_Installation.aspx

You obviously have the expertise...

Rick

Already on it my friend.

Now, if you or anyone else can find what is included in or needs to be studied for the D-42 exam, you're a lot better at searching than I am.

On the actual form you download from the State... I believe it says that all you need to do is take the law portion of the exam, your documented experience covers the trade portion.

Rick

Already on it my friend.

Now, if you or anyone else can find what is included in or needs to be studied for the D-42 exam, you're a lot better at searching than I am.

From the States website:

"C-61 - Limited Specialty - No study guide available (No trade exam required)"
http://www.cslb.ca.gov/Contractors/Applicants/Examination_Study_Guides/

And it states the same thing here (as well as a link to the law portion of the exam)
http://www.cslb.ca.gov/Contractors/...cense/Exam_Application/Studying_For_Exam.aspx

Andy D

attachment.php

Is that you Gino? If so, you look nothing like I pictured you. With the name Gino I pictured a Italian guy with slicked back hair and a ton of tattoos...:rock-n-roll:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You can't see my hair under my hat and I have just about all my skin covered with clothing....... how can you make a statement like that ?? :ROFLMAO:

Talk to Old Paint....... he knows me and will vouch for me. Otherwise, watch it, or you'll be swimming wid da fishes. :noway: