• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What to use?

ChicagoGraphics

Does anyone know what type of adhesive I could use for installing small 0.40 aluminum signs to a brick wall and also a 24x36 4m coroplast sign in 20 degree weather, I'd like to use a silacone of sorts if it's possible.

Thanks

Moze

Precision Sign Services
When in doubt, I use multiple methods. I would pick up some 1-minute epoxy and use that along with VHB tape and silicone.

boxerbay

the glue residue is going to be worse than the 4 holes when the sign is ever removed. it would be easier to go back and fill those 4 small holes with colored mortar to match the brick then removing silicone/liquid nails adhesive from a brick wall.

ChicagoGraphics

I'd like to stay away from VHB tape to expensive for this one job. The aluminum signs are only 10"x14" and will be about 4 foot off the ground so I don't see it being a problem if they fell off. Could I use Quick set I think it's called from Home depot? I used it on the same signs on to pebble pillars during the summer months and worked great, I just dont know if it will work in below freezing temps.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I was assuming you would have VHB tape on hand for other jobs. If you don't have VHB, just use a double-sided tape from Home Depot.

Or don't use any tape - it's more of a redundancy to be on the safe side. If you use the 1-minute epoxy, the sign isn't going anywhere. Throw in a few dabs of silicone and you're good.

Quick Set takes a day to cure...there's no reason to use that in place of the 1-minute epoxy.

Signco Inc

General Manager
We drill in the mortor, place eye hooks. and use bunge cords when installing banners that they dont want holes in the building. It's a much cleaner look and easy to fill.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
We drill in the mortor, place eye hooks. and use bunge cords when installing banners that they dont want holes in the building. It's a much cleaner look and easy to fill.

...he's installing aluminum signs and Coroplast.

4R Graphics

As posted before I would use the quick dry epoxy if the temp is real cold you co uld help it out by using a heat gun to keep it warm around the epoxy.

If you have problems you could use some VHB tape or home depot equivelant to hold the sign inplace while the epoxy dries.

You also might want to scuff up the surface where the epoxy is going on the sign to give it something to grab on to for a good hold.