• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What vinyl should i use for this job?

floater302

Hello, I have a customer that wants to put a vinyl decal on a pool table cover, I know and told him he shouldn't but he still wants. Now my question is what vinyl would you use that would be durable and flexible to use, the decal will be 7x4 foot.

decalman

I would use whatever vinyl I had handy, as long as it's good and sticky. I seem to have a boatload of Oracle 651, so thats what I would use.
A thinner cast, ( Oracle 751) would probably be better, but I'd decal it up, and leave the consequences with fate.
After all, it's not life or death, nor millions of dollars involved.

Attachments

• monkey2.gif
    monkey2.gif
    15 KB · Views: 78

ams

Probably the thing that will stick the best is panoRama Walk and Wall. It's made like a carpet and it has a super bold on things like concrete, carpet, wood, etc. However it's 8 mil thick.
As for the thin vinyl, most vinyls will peel up shortly after use. You can try a thinner anti-slip or floor vinyl, but yeah bad idea to put on a pool table, it's going to ruin it.

Hey what about doing a stencil and painting it on or silk screen?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There are plenty of media you can put down on that, but ALL of them will totally ruin the play action of the ball(s). That vinyl table will never support the english you need and it won't take good to slip shots. Even a stencil painted on will change the action. It should be put on before the cloth is stretched, especially if anyone is gonna play league games or whatever on this table.

If someone wants an advertisement, talk them into a banner up deal, but not to ruin a good table. :rock-n-roll:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The OP suggests a cover, not the felt on the table...but I could be mistaken.

JB

That could very well be, but why any concern for the warning on the OPs position of not doing it on a cover ?? A tabletop cover could use almost anuthing. Perhaps, the OP will explain a little further. Good eye.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hello, I have a customer that wants to put a vinyl decal on a pool table cover, I know and told him he shouldn't but he still wants. Now my question is what vinyl would you use that would be durable and flexible to use, the decal will be 7x4 foot.

You should experiment with a HEAT SET VINYL and an Iron. It would be super low profile and would stay down better than vinyl decal material. Its like an iron on decal you would use on shirts pretty much.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Honestly, I would suggest printing a full-color replacement fabric cover and have him bring the cover in for exact measurements.
If you can't print that large (or material) in-house, there are plenty of Merchant Members here that can.

petepaz

based on that i would use a hi tack vinyl but if it is going on the table felt then i would first try to talk him in to having a hole new felt printed like someone suggested and re-cover the table. also if it's going on the actual table it self is this supposed to be a permanent thing or an advertisement, what is the end game the customer is looking for?
(probably need some more info)

Billct2

I also read it as a poll table cover, not the felt and I would also suggest making a new cover, similar to making a table throw for a trade show.

floater302

I also read it as a poll table cover, not the felt and I would also suggest making a new cover, similar to making a table throw for a trade show.
Its for the cover to place over the table, sorry didn't even think about it being confused with the felt on the table.