• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Would You Charge?

Dan D

Was wondering what forum participants might charge for this Sheriff Unit ...
I've Striped and Lettered these for years and have probably done a 100 or so.
They have recently update from Crown Vic's to the new Ford Explorer SUV Interceptor. The Stripes and Lettering are all 3M High Performance Vinyls ...
the Merced Sheriff is 2 Layers and the star is Mylar screenprinted with 1 Shot
Enamels. The rear has "Merced Sheriff" in 4" Letters and the rear spoiler has a
12" White 3 Digit Numeral. The application is a bit labor intensive because of the various compound curves. I will not get into what I've charged in the past
but I've increased the price roughly 12% and got some flak ... I think I'm reasonable and always pay special attention to these units with the install and have not raised the price in about 2 years. Of course I know what I'm worth but it's nice to get imput from other Sign Pro's ... Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0743.jpg
    IMG_0743.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 118
Last edited by a moderator:

2B

harder install + more material + economy inflation = you charge more.

you can explain the reasons behind the increase and if they still throw flak let them use someone else and 9/10 time they will come back as the low-baller will not use correct material and wrong installation methods.

HulkSmash

You won't tell us what you charged, but you want to know what we would charge.

sounds legit, i'll get right on that for you.

MikePro

welcome to s101.
pricing is usually discussed in the Premium Members section...

stick to your guns and tell your client that the prices of materials have gone up to the point of you not making any $$$ at the old rate, but that you'll continue to give them a "discount" at a 12% markup for at least one year as an existing client.

You won't tell us what you charged, but you want to know what we would charge.

sounds legit

o, and +1 this

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome from PA...............................................................................................................................................................

Dan D

Yes 1 Shot ... works well. A little surprised by your question though ... guess you use only vinyl. You know if you get Vinyl on your pants you can just peel off ... you don't have to throw them away.

Dan D

Slightly Chilled ... try to reply with an intelligent post. I love to see so called local Sign Professionals in my area use your type of grammar ... They don't last long

mudmedia

Really? What is the attitude for? You come on here and post asking for pricing when you are not man enough to say what you charge but want us to tell you our pricing?

By the sounds of it you are a real fun guy to work with. Heck if you know what you are worth like you say in your original post you would not be asking us.

Hopefully you do not talk to your customers like that. If you do just send them an hour down the road and I will take care of them.

:popcorn:

Slightly Chilled ... try to reply with an intelligent post. I love to see so called local Sign Professionals in my area use your type of grammar ... They don't last long

John Butto

Mylar screen printed with 1shot, come on, don't you know some of us have been in prison and we know how all about screenprinting licence plates. Who did the cop car pic you posted, if you did it, how long did it take you and how much in materials.

visual800

man, aint no one else on here screenprinting with one shot (the crap of all paints) so theres is no way we can come up with a price per vehicle. IF I did that vehicle it would be all digitally printed reflective and outsourced. I would need to also know how many vehicles were expected to be done