Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Would You Charge?

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing, Pricing Etc.' started by Dan D, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Dan D

Dan D New Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Was wondering what forum participants might charge for this Sheriff Unit ...
    I've Striped and Lettered these for years and have probably done a 100 or so.
    They have recently update from Crown Vic's to the new Ford Explorer SUV Interceptor. The Stripes and Lettering are all 3M High Performance Vinyls ...
    the Merced Sheriff is 2 Layers and the star is Mylar screenprinted with 1 Shot
    Enamels. The rear has "Merced Sheriff" in 4" Letters and the rear spoiler has a
    12" White 3 Digit Numeral. The application is a bit labor intensive because of the various compound curves. I will not get into what I've charged in the past
    but I've increased the price roughly 12% and got some flak ... I think I'm reasonable and always pay special attention to these units with the install and have not raised the price in about 2 years. Of course I know what I'm worth but it's nice to get imput from other Sign Pro's ... Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2013
    Tags:
  2. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    harder install + more material + economy inflation = you charge more.

you can explain the reasons behind the increase and if they still throw flak let them use someone else and 9/10 time they will come back as the low-baller will not use correct material and wrong installation methods.

3. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    You won't tell us what you charged, but you want to know what we would charge.

sounds legit, i'll get right on that for you.

4. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    welcome to s101.
    pricing is usually discussed in the Premium Members section...

stick to your guns and tell your client that the prices of materials have gone up to the point of you not making any $$$ at the old rate, but that you'll continue to give them a "discount" at a 12% markup for at least one year as an existing client.

o, and +1 this

5. SlightlyChilled

SlightlyChilled Very Active Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Hell
    He joined in2008 guys little slack :popcorn:

WOW2008 and this is the first post????

6. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Welcome from PA...............................................................................................................................................................

7. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    You screen print with 1 Shot?

What have you been charging then I will tell you what I would charge.

8. signpost-boston

signpost-boston Making America great, one sign at a time.

Jul 18, 2010
    Boston, Ma.
    lets say you charged an arm for the crown. i would charge a leg also, for the truck.

9. MichaelAlmand

MichaelAlmand Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Canada
    $1

10. Dan D

Dan D New Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Yes 1 Shot ... works well. A little surprised by your question though ... guess you use only vinyl. You know if you get Vinyl on your pants you can just peel off ... you don't have to throw them away.

11. Dan D

Dan D New Member

Dec 30, 2008
    What?

12. Dan D

Dan D New Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Slightly Chilled ... try to reply with an intelligent post. I love to see so called local Sign Professionals in my area use your type of grammar ... They don't last long

13. Tim Aucoin

Tim Aucoin Very Active Member

WOW!! Talk about uncalled for. :doh: :popcorn:

14. slappy

slappy Very Active Member

May 31, 2005
    Earth
    :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

15. mudmedia

mudmedia Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Really? What is the attitude for? You come on here and post asking for pricing when you are not man enough to say what you charge but want us to tell you our pricing?

By the sounds of it you are a real fun guy to work with. Heck if you know what you are worth like you say in your original post you would not be asking us.

Hopefully you do not talk to your customers like that. If you do just send them an hour down the road and I will take care of them.

:popcorn:

16. John Butto

John Butto Very Active Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Mylar screen printed with 1shot, come on, don't you know some of us have been in prison and we know how all about screenprinting licence plates. Who did the cop car pic you posted, if you did it, how long did it take you and how much in materials.

17. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton

Ok, you don't want to tell me, so I don't want to tell you, now we are even. Sounds fair to me Bro...

:omg:

18. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    man, aint no one else on here screenprinting with one shot (the crap of all paints) so theres is no way we can come up with a price per vehicle. IF I did that vehicle it would be all digitally printed reflective and outsourced. I would need to also know how many vehicles were expected to be done

19. hmm, one shot screen printing. never heard of it too. why would you use that?

20. Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay?

Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay? Very Active Member

Yep. This guy sure is a 'Dan D'.