• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Would You Charge?

jfiscus

Rap Master
Back to the OP's question; how many units are in the contract for this year?
Will you be receiving the units at your install shop all at once? (or will they be sending these to you one at a time?)
Send me a PM with what you quoted for these SUV Interceptors and I'll tell you what I'd charge.

Pat Whatley

$585 using Oracal 751 and a digitally printed clear decal over the mylar. Not really a bad job, just a pain to get the stripes to look even going over that many curves. I'd be tempted to have them printed so it could all go down as one piece.

$710 using 751 and screenprinting the mylar. Price would vary a bit for quantities because of the screenprinting.

Ignore the mess about not posting your price. It doesn't matter what price you said you were getting the first response would have been "THAT'S WAY TOO CHEAP" and the next 10 would have jumped on the bandwagon.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Let me see..... about One Million Dollars should do it..........
one_million_dollars.jpg

Mosh

We get $700 average for sheriff vehicles in our area. Oralite reflective with digital printed logos as needed.

Screen print with one-shot, I tryed that once back in the 1980's...then I got the
correct ink and re-did the decals!

Dan D

Thank You Pat! It's nice to get a response to my question ... a response in the true form
of what this Signs 101 forum was intended to be all about. I really didn't expect to be ascended on by a pack of hyena's. Thanks again for your straight and concise reply ... even after being in the Sign Business for as long as I have it's still real helpful to get information to reinforce what your doing or how your doing it is on the right track. Really
didn't expect all the smart *** comments ... I totally get what spirited debate is all about
but some of the replies were a real surprise.

Dan D

Thanks Mosh! appreciate the reply. Yours and Pat's were real helpful! I understand some of the comments in regards to 1 Shot ... in this case with the printing on shiny gold mylar has always been the best choice for me, 1 because of the durability, 2 Color fastness 3 Metalics, 4 Adhesion ... Thank Again

Dan D

Thanks Clingsdesigns, appreciate the reply ... by yours and the others estimates It's good to know I'm right in the there ... like I said before after years of quotes and estimates it's always nice to get a little positive imput now and then!

Dan D

Gino! Your a trade member! is this a standard quote you give customers? or ya just mess'n
with me ... let me know so I can avoid your Business in the future ...

Dan D

Hey jfiscus, usually a couple at a time ... it's hard to tell how many to schedule for the year because they purchase when needed or budget allows ... Thanks Again

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Gino! Your a trade member! is this a standard quote you give customers? or ya just mess'n
with me ... let me know so I can avoid your Business in the future ...
And you're a lousy speller, so what ??

In all honesty, when someone asks me a stoopid question like yours, I give stoopid answers like mine.

You've been here for almost 5 years and you don't have the decency to post up what you are doing and your numbers, but you expect everyone to give up their time to make you feel good ?? You pat some of the members on the back for giving what you want and you ridicule those who give back exactly what you bring forth. Is that some sort of achievement ..... to be honored by your praise ??

I'm not here to sell my wares, but if someone needs something, I feel completely at ease selling to them while creating a little revenue towards the site. I give from many angles, but I frown upon leeches. You kind sir, from what I can see..... from this thread and the other one..... are just a user/taker.

HulkSmash

Thank You Pat! It's nice to get a response to my question ... a response in the true form
of what this Signs 101 forum was intended to be all about. I really didn't expect to be ascended on by a pack of hyena's. Thanks again for your straight and concise reply ... even after being in the Sign Business for as long as I have it's still real helpful to get information to reinforce what your doing or how your doing it is on the right track. Really
didn't expect all the smart *** comments ... I totally get what spirited debate is all about
but some of the replies were a real surprise.

Smart *** comments? you didn't even give enough information to have anyone quote anything. And you won't give us what you charged. Some people just want things on a platter now a days. How about you do a little work and then we'll be more then happy to throw some thoughts in.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Hey jfiscus, usually a couple at a time ... it's hard to tell how many to schedule for the year because they purchase when needed or budget allows ... Thanks Again

This year we charged ~$500 ea for 20 units with similar decals to your photo. That's a few more units at one time than you've got to do, and we're also in KY so the rate may be different based upon your location. We used all 3M materials and printed the decals with our EdgeFX.