• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Would You Do.

speedmedia

Yes, A quote is only as good as the project quoted. If they change anything the price changes, sorry that is how it works. If I order a 25 sq ft. chuck of granite and get a quote and they decide to change it to 35 sq ft I would imagine the price is going to change.

Either do it and lose your butt. Re-quote and explain or walk.

Thanks,
Kurt

B-RAD Graphics

Did explain that part of the deal was for me to install them and yes nobody seems to care. The company my customer got these trailers for had offered to bring them to my shop but my customer is against it. He wat's them decaled beforethey leave the factory. My customer is the money man n this deal he fronted the money for these trailers to be built etc.....

did you cash the check yet?

jiarby

you will be well advised to walk away...

What's going to happen next?

The install weenies that are onsite at the factory are going to complain that the graphics are inferior, defective, wrong, and THEY will have to redo them anyway.

They blame you & your materials for a botched installation.

You won't be making any money on top of it all!

What is in it for you?

I do not understand how you got the gig to begin with. If the factory has in in-house graphics guy then how did the job even go out to bid?

Liek I said... I do not see a winning scenario for you unless you can get someone to let you do the job at your place. Maybe you deliver the graphics AND then bill them for the install anyway. If you have been awarded a bid/contract and they choose to use someone else anyway then they are still responsible for the contract.

If you have no contract in writing and it was just a phone call thing then you are screwed.

This is the same thing as a customer wanting a quote for 100 coro signs but then ordering 6.

Mikeifg

you will be well advised to walk away...

What's going to happen next?

The install weenies that are onsite at the factory are going to complain that the graphics are inferior, defective, wrong, and THEY will have to redo them anyway.

They blame you & your materials for a botched installation.

You won't be making any money on top of it all!

What is in it for you?

I do not understand how you got the gig to begin with. If the factory has in in-house graphics guy then how did the job even go out to bid?

Liek I said... I do not see a winning scenario for you unless you can get someone to let you do the job at your place. Maybe you deliver the graphics AND then bill them for the install anyway. If you have been awarded a bid/contract and they choose to use someone else anyway then they are still responsible for the contract.

If you have no contract in writing and it was just a phone call thing then you are screwed.

This is the same thing as a customer wanting a quote for 100 coro signs but then ordering 6.

I think you said it there. That's exactly how I see this thing going down. I got the job from my customer who is the middleman on these units. They offered their graphic guys and he said he wantedto use me instead if I ould beat their quote. Everyone just thought theinsall part would work out ok. Everywhere else I go that manufactures trailers they give me space etc..