• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would you do?

phototec

Duplicating a sign like shown in photo, to be attached to front of metal building.

What thickness aluminum sign panel is used as a standard, .040?

Size will be either 4'x8', or two panels 24" high x 8' long as shown in photo.

Thanks

Attachments

• Sign Substrate.jpg
    Sign Substrate.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 71

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We never use anything thinner than .050, but prefer.063.

Would you consider dibond ??

tsgstl

I would use max metal or something similar. $40-$50 a sheet.
It is basically a much more affordable form of diabond

phototec

We never use anything thinner than .050, but prefer.063.

Would you consider dibond ??

Gino,

My supplier is Grimco, not showing Dibond in their catalog, only Max-Metal and Aluminum Sign Panels in colors .04 4'x8', they do have .063 and .080 in white only.

Customer wanted a RED panel?

I can get the Max-Metal 3mm 4'x8' in RED.

Do you know if the Max-Metal is similar to Dibond?

tsgstl

Gino,

My supplier is Grimco, not showing Dibond in their catalog, only Max-Metal and Aluminum Sign Panels in colors .04 4'x8', they do have .063 and .080 in white only.

read my response above this one haha

jhimes

Alupanel is another product similar to Dibond but less expensive. If you choose to go with aluminum I agree with other's .063 as a minimum.

phototec

read my response above this one haha

I would use max metal or something similar. $40-$50 a sheet.
It is basically a much more affordable form of diabond

That's good info, however my supplier's price is $83 a sheet for a 4x8 Max-Metal, FYI.

HulkSmash

Gino,

Max Metal is Dibond, it's just branded differently.

tsgstl

I don't pay near $80 for Max Metal from Grimco. Maybe the red you have to get double sided. I get it white one sided for a LOT less. If the price seems to high then maybe cover it with red. But I didn't originally see you needed it red. I'd prefer paying the extra for a nice red finish.

HulkSmash

I don't pay near $80 for Max Metal from Grimco. Maybe the red you have to get double sided. I get it white one sided for a LOT less. If the price seems to high then maybe cover it with red. But I didn't originally see you needed it red. I'd prefer paying the extra for a nice red finish.

maxmetal is only 47 for us..

tsgstl

I stopped using alupanel and proveer's stock brand. It was de-laminating and max metal seems to be the best

And Grimco is pretty good about matching pricing on it wink wink

I agree with everyone else maxmetal is the way to go. And when I've done a 4' x 8' custom color I just covered the whole board in a solid color vinyl without an issue

phototec

Thanks guys, as always Signs101 members have come to the rescue again...

A great bunch of folks on here!! :clapping:

:thankyou:

2B

If the price of getting the metal delivered red is too much paint it with a good quality paint

or do the entire sheet as a digital print with lamination, wont last as long as the other options but allows the customer to pick their exact red

IMO better options than Grimco as their freight charges is a PITA

visual800

if this were my job I would weld up an aluminum frame attach my sign to it if it was .040. if I was using maxmetal i would just place on building without frame.

The 1" frame would surely look better as to give more depth

Signed Out

Gino,

here let me help you... just kidding.