• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would you do?

Marlene

if this were my job I would weld up an aluminum frame attach my sign to it if it was .040. if I was using maxmetal i would just place on building without frame.

The 1" frame would surely look better as to give more depth

I too would make a frame. you can buy 1" x 1" aluminum with "L" and "T" connections. all you have to do is cut the 1" x 1" into pieces and build a frame. have 90 degree bends put on the aluminum and screw into the edge to mount to the frame. then mount 1" x 1" on the building and mount the frame with the aluminum faces to that. if you make a flat sign and slap it up at least cover the screw heads and put them in a equal distances so it looks good instead of what was done in the photo as it just looks messy

jfiscus

Rap Master
Just finished this one a couple moths ago. Make SURE your screws are hitting studs, or add studs before you place the panels. This one is 5x24 (3 5x8 panels). I am pretty sure this was the thinner dibond/alumacore/etc/etc material.

I think the colored sheets are "single-sided" one color and a different color on the other side. (like red panels have a green back, vice versa) i've always just bought white panels. Seems like everyone wants the 5' tall sheets anymore though...

Attachments

• photo2small.jpg
    photo2small.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 79

Tonyfavs

Another product you can use is econolite. It may not be as dent proof as max metal but it is single sided and aluminum/plastic core also has and a bunch of color options