• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What you think?

BRUSHMARKS

Be honest we can take it. we will be using for vehicles, business sign and banner. also business cards with som esmall changes like email and services add. but this is the basic idea with the orange and yellow gradient and the sun ray. we tryed to come up with something about 4 months ago but never could make up our mind. with slow time now going to use this as a chance to get our new back out in the area.

Attachments

• layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 103

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
I really like that the word SIGNS JUMPS out at you. Not to hip on the Red outline on BrushMarks. Might want to try a different color. Dunno?

Test on the right seems a little over powering to your name.

Just my 1st impressions. I think you are on the right track.

Jillbeans

I'll say what I told you last time you posted your logo...
Fix the n and s in Signs with some node editing.
Make it the way a script looks as if it was actually painted.
Rest of the script looks to need some welding too.
Love....Jill

TheProfessor

the logo looks a bit like it doesnt belong together. maybe it needs more of an overlap or make the outlines thicker and around the entire logo instead of each different type of text. the info on the right side could use a bit more distinction from the logo. The banner is bright and visible, but since everything is bold, I am losing the visual hierarchy. also, probably un-stretch the phone number at the bottom. If there is too much space, either make that part taller and scale the phone number or put the phone number to the left and your web address on the right with some sort of dingbat or dot in the middle... take all of this with a grain of salt at midnight... :)

TheProfessor

although I am now looking at your logo in your avatar on a white background and it looks better to me, so maybe just put a white outline around the red? hrmm...

mark-s

I agree with Jillbeans the whole thing needs cleaned up (node edititing)
Once thats done should look good.
mark-s

OldPaint

CONTINUITY OF FONTS.... think about that. do they "fit"?
does it have PUNCH, whats the 1st think you see when you look at it for the 1st time?
the background is ok, the tight sharp text of one word, then the loose free form of the other, CONFLICTING styles.......

Pat Whatley

Doing the phone number as 555-555-5555 irks the crap out of me. I've actually NOT called potential suppliers just because of that. I always use (555) 555-5555. To me it helps break up a long, continual string of numbers.

For the record I spent a while one afternoon looking and it seems that in the United States we have no "officially" correct way to do it. Wait until congress finds out about that.

Oh yeah, and what Jill said. Fit the lettering.

luggnut

it seems the outlines are too heavy... sometimes that strong of an outline makes letters less readable.. and "call Today" being a different script and the slant of it bothers me

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
It's a bunch of text elements being overwhelmed by various gratuitous effects that are scattered about with nothing resembling continuity or flow. It's a chaotic jumble of typographic malfeasance.

BRUSHMARKS

Ok we made a few changes and went a little more basic. we are a astablished sign shop in the area for 16 years so we dont want to alter what we got to much. the back ground is basicly the only change we are making. we are working on wraps for 2 vehicles plus a new sign for our store front and a banner.

Attachments

• layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 87

Craig Sjoquist

change the red outline to ...blue... more med. blue so ya can see it

remove call today, shift other copy higher then

looks great ...contrast your main copy the red muddies it up

Craig Sjoquist

yuk for the post #15
yes it's simple but looks like I'll fall asleep looking at it

your tag line is gone bad idea your phone # is lost in background ..really bad idea
and it all looks so muddy with red against black against yellow that ya need a shovel to dig it out and read it

JAMEY

As mentioned above, the n and the s need some work. It appears that the letters ign in the word sign are taller at the beginning and gradually gets smaller towards the end. I believe that this perspective would be better flat. This would match the BrushMarks perspective. I am not really feeling the font in the word signs anyways.

The outlines would look better in a uniform thickness in this case.

The phone number would look better if it read (281) 847-3599 as mentioned above.

luggnut

i think the new one looks pretty good... outlines still a little heavy for my taste. i try to o by if you need outlines to seperate your main copy from the background there probaly isn't enough contrast to begin with. outlines enhance legibility that is already there and add interest