• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What you think?

BRUSHMARKS

OK we went back to just the name and edited the work signs. We brought the 1st "S" up higher to run with the bottom slant. We also connected the "N & S". still doesn't look right to me. Did it in black and white 1st and see what colors will work well. whats your thoughts for color comos, we always had a orange and black colors. also did 2 different stroke widths to break them up. whats your thoughts?

Attachments

• logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 97

TheProfessor

maybe if you took the top "lip" off the small s it would look more like the s you are envisioning. Just round it out on top

Bigdawg

Just Me
I think you need to add stroke around the word Signs too...

attachment.php

Attachments

• brush copy.jpg
    brush copy.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 127

Jillbeans

We brought the 1st "S" up higher to run with the bottom slant
The "S" is supposed to be lower, visually. Scripts, when all lined up, lose their bounce.
Glad you removed the connector on the "s" like I told you about 4 months ago.
hahaha
Phone # looks weird off to the side like that.
I gotta disagree with Pat about the brackets. One of my pet peeves is (area code) the other is Tel: or Call:
It's pretty much your same logo only over a sunburst.
Craig is right about the red.
Change your inner outline on Brushmarks to white, and both the outer ones to a pinline of process blue, and watch it pop. Lose the outline on the phone #.
(and your name always makes me think of skidmarks, so avoid using browns)
Here's your old thread:
http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40414

rocket97

Change your outlines to sharp corners..

rounded corners on outlines is my pet peeve..man that bugs the hell outta me...along with the () area code thing, another nice example of how to break that whole line of numbers up...is what John Deaton uses sometimes on his truck lettering, making first number slightly larger than the rest...looks good.

If a guy was painting that by hand I don't think anyone would paint a rounded corner outine after he took the time to square up the corner?? may just be me?
am I alone on this?

Last edited:

PSG

Phone # looks weird off to the side like that.
Agreed

I gotta disagree with Pat about the brackets. One of my pet peeves is (area code) the other is Tel: or Call:
Clearly there is alot of personal preference in phone #'s, do what looks best for the layout. I am a fan of smaller area codes. ie..(555)555-5555

It's pretty much your same logo only over a sunburst.
Craig is right about the red. Agreed
Change your inner outline on Brushmarks to white,
Totally will help to make it pop

and both the outer ones to a pinline of process blue, and watch it pop. Agreed

Lose the outline on the phone #.
Put the emphasis on your logo, but not overbearingly so.

My comments are the ones in red. :goodpost: