• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

whats the best design software for vehicle wraps

sharp21

new to the wrap business and just wondering what the best software to use for designing vehicle wraps would be, any help would be great

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
People around here usually expect an introduction... hard to answer that question without knowing you or your experience... if you have none, then you are going to need more luck and time to get some skills and developing your eye than purchasing software.

To answer the question seriously, most people design in Illustrator, Photoshop or Corel Draw

royster13

And the answer will usually be based on personal preference....All 3 programs can be used to produce similar results in the hands of a competent designer....

Bigdawg

Just Me
Depends on the layout... sometimes Illustrator, sometimes Photoshop, sometimes a hybrid of the two.

IMHO no one program does it all... even ms paint :smile:

gnatt66

in before locked ;)

and i use google/printscrn/paint/versaworks/thin yellow wire/roland as a workflow.

trimitbyrich

I use Photoshop, Flexi, and Illustrator. As you can tell from the responses you are getting there is an extremely difficult learning curve in there. Each of the programs mentioned are for different aspects of designing and take a great deal of time to master each one. Unfortunately each of them work differently. I am sure one day in the future there will be a one stop program designed specifically for sign and wrap design but for now this is what we have. Good luck to you, I remember a line from a movie called "Taken" starring Liam Neisen. "I cannot offer you money, but what I do have are a particular set of skills that I have aquired over a long period of time." That is what design and the wrap business are. Plan on spending every spare minute of your time learning how to do it. You will litterally need to eat drink and sleep Photoshop, etc..

66duane

wow,, old men dont have a chance,,,,,,,, dang!

dont know which is harder learning this graphics stuff, getting the printer working, or trying to get your stuff from a guy that cheated ya,,,mmmm well maybe god will make me 14 again and i can spend all my time doing this,, all this is encouraging,,,,, just spend the money old man and shoot the guy from beecher,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i like that idea