• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

whats the best design software for vehicle wraps

phototec

[video=youtube;KgmO32IdwuE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgmO32IdwuE[/video]
I use Photoshop, Flexi, and Illustrator. As you can tell from the responses you are getting there is an extremely difficult learning curve in there. Each of the programs mentioned are for different aspects of designing and take a great deal of time to master each one. Unfortunately each of them work differently. I am sure one day in the future there will be a one stop program designed specifically for sign and wrap design but for now this is what we have. Good luck to you, I remember a line from a movie called "Taken" starring Liam Neisen. "I cannot offer you money, but what I do have are a particular set of skills that I have aquired over a long period of time." That is what design and the wrap business are. Plan on spending every spare minute of your time learning how to do it. You will litterally need to eat drink and sleep Photoshop, etc..

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Haaaaaaaaa :ROFLMAO:

I'm going to ignore the fact that this thread is 4 years old..... that's hilarious.

Even though it's four years old, the OP never came back. Y'all scared him off. See, I wasn't even in on it. I never 'Welcomed' him into the fold. He's either still trolling or just not any good and found something else to do.

JJM7288

We all start somewhere. I don't think the question is where to find talent and experience but what tools do the talented and experienced use. We do not wrap vehicles and never consider doing it.

Tgoldrup

Vehicle Wraps help

I have a strong understanding of the Adobe software, so my question is not software based, Also have a Roland wide format printer so I understand the printing process. (so I will not need to screen capture and place in word lol) However I could use some help with designing for a vehicle wrap.

Does anyone use templates or Template software to determine the placement of the graphics on the vehicle ?

I am a graphics Teacher in a vocational program, so my curricula teaches Design with Adobe software, screen printing, offset/litho press, bindery and finishing, we have a digital print area that I teach as well. The Roland Wide format printer which i have been doing some floor decal, packaging mock ups, stickers and vinyl decals. I have some students that want to wrap vehicles which would be great however I want to teach them correctly.

I have ordered materials and laminates and window material as well, and we have the Adobe software to design, I am wondering though what is used for planning the wrap, what templates are used or if there is a know website to give good instructions on how to wrap vehicles. I have watched endless youtube videos. As well I was thing of starting with Car Parts such as a Door, or a van back. I will go in spring to the auto wreckers and see if my welding department can make me a bracket on locking wheels to hold the car parts. Also would like to so snowmobile parts as well. As they would be earlier to get into my classroom (on the 2nd floor)

So.. after all that.. what would professional out there use to "plan" the wrap. Any other tips would be appreciated.

Trish