• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's the best heat transfer vinyl for T-Shirts?

clarkhus

I'm using Siser' ColorPrint PU but looking for easier film to work with. I'm wasting a lot of time trying to lift the printed graphics from the backing (*yes I peel it face down on table after hard intensive squeegeing). Even more with small elements or complexe contour cut such as these trucker designs...

I have tried Siser's recommanded transfer film and 3M SCPM-3' everyday transfer tape and all-in-all, 3M's works better and is WAY cheaper.
Anyone else experiencing same issue?

I use the Siser color print. I've found that the harder you squeegee it the more problems you have. On designs with intricate patterns I mask before weeding. Then squeegee both the front and the back. Then peel the carrier and vinyl away from the mask. Usually the only weeding left is the inside of text.

klingsdesigns

I'm using Siser' ColorPrint PU but looking for easier film to work with. I'm wasting a lot of time trying to lift the printed graphics from the backing (*yes I peel it face down on table after hard intensive squeegeing). Even more with small elements or complexe contour cut such as these trucker designs...

I have tried Siser's recommanded transfer film and 3M SCPM-3' everyday transfer tape and all-in-all, 3M's works better and is WAY cheaper.

Color print easy is what we switched to. Way easier to mask.

ironchef

Ive been using color print from imprintables.com i love it!!! Its 30 bucks for 5 yards, its nice and thick so when i do a print and cut, the edges don't get messed up

ironchef

Heres a shirt i did for a friend

Attachments

• image-3249905888.jpg
    image-3249905888.jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 441

Patentagosse

I use the Siser color print. I've found that the harder you squeegee it the more problems you have. On designs with intricate patterns I mask before weeding. Then squeegee both the front and the back. Then peel the carrier and vinyl away from the mask. Usually the only weeding left is the inside of text.

I should give it a try , nothing to loose. Thanks

Patentagosse

Heres a shirt i did for a friend

OK but actually, it's just a square contour cut, nothing tricky to weed and transfer. I have nothing to complain 'bout Siser's quality of finish, printability, durability... it just bond too damn hard on liner so lifting the print is a nightmare on complexe shape or small texts.

I'm looking for another brand that would lift easier from the carrier. The final product is very nice but the road to get there is kinda rough so you see the profits melting while working...

Patentagosse

There's a clip on Siser's website...

They make it look SO easy, almost to be done by a 5y.o.

'Makes me feel idiot.

Could it be related to material freshness? Usually rolls are less than 6 months old...

Mike_Koval

ive noticed sometimes it could be the saturation of ink. try letting it degas prior to masking. print, cut, weed, wait a little then mask. where ever you buy the products from should have a color profile for it as well. those will help with the heat settings and saturation to make masking a breeze

Patentagosse

ive noticed sometimes it could be the saturation of ink. try letting it degas prior to masking. print, cut, weed, wait a little then mask. where ever you buy the products from should have a color profile for it as well. those will help with the heat settings and saturation to make masking a breeze

I usually print, let it set for 24h and cut the next day, unless I cut into unprinted material (when you cut 1/8" around the ink)

Sometime I just cut letters in raw unprinted material (like phone number in one of my pictures) and you can't do it w/o take care so it's worst on ink...

ironchef

Ive printed and cut (over the ink) and transferred within minutes with no problems. I use the briteline profile for the dx i think it says 3200

bigblocktrader

Yes I have same problems with ColorPrint PU, switched to ECO-Print from imprintables like night and day, can even use the same piece of mask 7,8,10 times over before getting another piece, Awesome

wctsigns

I do a lot of shirts and we are also set up to screen print but the best materials I have found:
Siser Colour Print (amazing stuff, softer hand than the Stahls stuff, lasts better than 50 washes and weeds like a dream from my mimacki)
My new favorite is Forever Digital Transfer
this stuff is more costly than heat tranfer but the results are pretty amazing especially the foil and the hand is soft. I have a hoody I did to test it in silver foil. I have been wearing it a couple times a week for about 6 months.

Attachments

• 20161012_132351.jpg
    20161012_132351.jpg
    966.2 KB · Views: 412

signwizz

yes i did a couple of shirts last week and it would just ripple or fall off the mask what a pain for the price of it im going to look for some other print cut material

shane

number1talent

We've used Cad Cut - Express Print White from Stahl's and it is hands down they best we've worked with for the last 3 years. We've tried many, but were not happy with them. Express Print has never let us down. Easy to cut, weed and mask. Use Medium Tack Mast. We have used a number of medium tack masks and they all worked fine with Express Print.