• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's the best heat transfer vinyl for T-Shirts?

rjssigns

Eco-Print from Imprintables works great. It's what we started with and see no reason to change. Imprintables has great customer service too.

Print/cut/press is awesome for short runs.

Note: By best if you mean the finished product will have the "hand" of a screen printed shirt it ain't gonna happen. None of the HTM products can deliver that. Although we've never had any complaints from our clients.

Split76

I have used Chemica - Easyprint for 7-8 years with roland and HP latex with good results. Weeds very easy.
edit: about 2 rolls / month

Tim Aucoin

For print & cut, I use Cad-Colour Express print with my Roland BN-20. Have had nothing but great results with no complaints in the last 4 years. Customers love the finished product!
For cut & press, I use Cad-Cut Thermo Film. Cuts extremely well and weeds quite easy.
Both methods are definitely more expensive than screen printing, but for small orders (1 - 100 shirts), there is still good margin.
If the design allows and I am running over 25 shirts, I will have plastisol transfers made, as they are more cost-effective in certain situations.

Attachments

• Shirts 1.jpg
    Shirts 1.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 634
  • Shirts 2.jpg
    Shirts 2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 607

signmeup

OK... I ordered a sample of CAD-COLOR 20" Express Print White from Stahls. Any sage advice from years of using it? I also have a sample of CAD-COLOR SuperTEK Opaque coming. I ordered a handfull of Gildan shirts from Wordans to play with.

Adrian

Split76

For print & cut, I use Cad-Colour Express print with my Roland BN-20. Have had nothing but great results with no complaints in the last 4 years. Customers love the finished product!
For cut & press, I use Cad-Cut Thermo Film. Cuts extremely well and weeds quite easy.
Both methods are definitely more expensive than screen printing, but for small orders (1 - 100 shirts), there is still good margin.
If the design allows and I am running over 25 shirts, I will have plastisol transfers made, as they are more cost-effective in certain situations.

I see white lines in that shirt, do you have someking of template for doing those?
Just curious because I know how hard it is sometimes to decide is it straight or not :D

Tim Aucoin

I see white lines in that shirt, do you have someking of template for doing those?
Just curious because I know how hard it is sometimes to decide is it straight or not :D

The white lines are actually red (just didn't show up in the picture too well!!). I use a laser alignment system for consistency shirt to shirt. You can see the laser alignment "tool" in one of the pics! :smile: Saved me a ton of time on that particular order for 100 shirts. :thumb:

Split76

The white lines are actually red (just didn't show up in the picture too well!!). I use a laser alignment system for consistency shirt to shirt. You can see the laser alignment "tool" in one of the pics! :smile: Saved me a ton of time on that particular order for 100 shirts. :thumb:

Oh, yes! now that you mentioned it, i can see it :) Where can I buy it, or what is it called? I'd like to buy it. I have 2 embroidery machines and shirt and cap presses with membrane tables but that lining equipement would certainly help my employee with heat pressing! :)
I'd like to heat press as much as i can since the embroidery has too much work and too low income.. That kind of lining would certainly fasten the heat pressing time!

Tim Aucoin

Oh, yes! now that you mentioned it, i can see it :) Where can I buy it, or what is it called? I'd like to buy it. I have 2 embroidery machines and shirt and cap presses with membrane tables but that lining equipement would certainly help my employee with heat pressing! :)
I'd like to heat press as much as i can since the embroidery has too much work and too low income.. That kind of lining would certainly fasten the heat pressing time!

I purchased it here in Canada at STAHLS (www.stahls.ca). I'm pretty sure they have a U.S. office also, but not sure about your neck of the woods. It's just called "Laser Alignment System".:smile:

BESTBLANKS

Heat Transfer Vinyl and Heat Presses

What's the best heat transfer vinyl for T-Shirts?

Hi, Perhaps we can help. Specialty Materials has an excellent commercial grade heat transfer vinyl line for all types of apparel and when you order with us you can even mix colors and still get volume pricing! Please see this page for more info: http://www.bestblanks.com/vinyl.html

For heat press machines we offer (and stock) the best built brands, many at discount pricing and/or free shipping too.
Please see this page for more info: http://www.bestblanks.com/heatpresses.html

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call us! 888-431-7385 or 954-989-1250

Thanks for your post!
www.BestBlanks.com

bigblocktrader

Eco-Print from Imprintables works great. It's what we started with and see no reason to change. Imprintables has great customer service too.

Print/cut/press is awesome for short runs.

Note: By best if you mean the finished product will have the "hand" of a screen printed shirt it ain't gonna happen. None of the HTM products can deliver that. Although we've never had any complaints from our clients.

I've been using this Eco-Print from Imprintables ever since you recommend to me a while back it is so easy to work with.
Just want to say thanks, No longer dread doing tee's

signmeup

I ended up using Stahl's SuperTek opaque. I liked FDC the best but it was $17 a yard. Just too expensive.

Adrian

Techman

I have about 200 bux worth of Thermoflex. Some unopened rolls .. Just sitting in the shop. Anyone interested can get it for $90 including shipping. Red, White, Harvest gold, etc. PM is good.
Top brand name stuff

blacknbart

I have a HP 260 and 360 what Heat Transfer material do you recommend?

I have a HP 260 and 360 Latex Printer what Heat transfer material can run on these machines. Also I know this sounds crazy!! I do wish to buy a Heat Transfer press, but can any of these be applied with just an Iron ( small format only nothing larger than 6'' x 6''.)

Thanks!

Patentagosse

I'm using Siser' ColorPrint PU but looking for easier film to work with. I'm wasting a lot of time trying to lift the printed graphics from the backing (*yes I peel it face down on table after hard intensive squeegeing). Even more with small elements or complexe contour cut such as these trucker designs...

I have tried Siser's recommanded transfer film and 3M SCPM-3' everyday transfer tape and all-in-all, 3M's works better and is WAY cheaper.

Anyone else experiencing same issue?

Attachments

• IMG_4965.jpg
    IMG_4965.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 626
  • IMG_4966.jpg
    IMG_4966.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_4967.jpg
    IMG_4967.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 632
  • IMG_4972.jpg
    IMG_4972.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 536
  • IMG_4977.jpg
    IMG_4977.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 535

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I'm using Siser' ColorPrint PU but looking for easier film to work with. I'm wasting a lot of time trying to lift the printed graphics from the backing (*yes I peel it face down on table after hard intensive squeegeing). Even more with small elements or complexe contour cut such as these trucker designs...

I have tried Siser's recommanded transfer film and 3M SCPM-3' everyday transfer tape and all-in-all, 3M's works better and is WAY cheaper.

Anyone else experiencing same issue?

I am actually working on some heat set vinyl as we speak and yes that is a problem with many of them. I found that if you score the bottom of the material you can peel it away easier.