• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Whats the strangest thing you've wrapped?

firesignz

Celebrating 10 Years in business
Wonder how much more the vinyl wrap weighed versus paint and how much capacity it addedd or took away from the plane. Looks really cool - doing the top must have been quite acrobatic (envisioning hanging on wires from the hangar roof) ;)

firesignz

Celebrating 10 Years in business
Not exactly strange - but a bit different for me. Storefront window wrap - done all in perforated. Customer wanted to see out but not have customers see in.

And then of course there is my ANCIENT bucket truck transformation - NOT PRINTED!!! (BEFORE AND AFTER)

Attachments

• SSPX1331.jpg
    SSPX1331.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 96
  • SSPX0912.jpg
    SSPX0912.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 106
  • SSPX0987.jpg
    SSPX0987.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 92

RaceWrap

Shut Up! An Entire plan?? How long did that take? How many installers?! I'll bet that was fun!

It took about a week to complete. The thing is the flowers were individual. Each flower pedal had to overlap the surrounding flowers and background color a certain way to match a model Ed Massey had hand painted. Another interesting thing is that the flowers were all hand painted on MACTac by kids around the world that were sick and terminally ill. Some of them did not live to see their flower fly. Here is a link to the project website. Click on the photos link and check the kids! http://www.portraitsofhope.org/projects/airbourne/index.php

Monsterkidz

A few years back a number of NYC taxi cabs had the hoods wrapped with similar artwork (flowers), I wonder if it was part of the same project.

CentralSigns

Put some motorcycle stickers on walkers for a bunch of 45+ year olds n who did a dance routine to "Born to be Bad" and "Low Rider". They all came on stage with these walkers, robes, and hair in curlers hobbling like grannies. The music started they stripped their robes and started dancing in their bathing suite. It was hilarious.

Also did a colour change on a set of dance shoes once. The owner of the shoes forgot the black jazz shoes and we had brown ones. So we wrapped them black stuck so good, I think they are still black. Blow dryers are an amazing tool.

SignManiac

Wrapped my pool table. Wrapping the wings of the Plasti-Plane and wrapped my Johnson as a teenager.

Attachments

• new table-01.JPG
    new table-01.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 84
  • new table-02.JPG
    new table-02.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 102
  • CIMG2835.JPG
    CIMG2835.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 104

SignManiac

Pat yes it was one of Fred's CF fills. I'm fairly sure it was Avery ez cast with matching clear laminate. DOL 1000 5450 Avery cast clear gloss laminate