• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's up with Sears Auto?

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
I know Sears is having troubles but why lose the sale?

Got an estimate from them for 4 new tires and an alignment for the wife's car.
They have the 4 tires in stock so I ask them to take my name and number and hold them for me I'll be down 12: noon tomorrow.
They say no. I said take my credit card info and hold them. They say we can't do that only if you have a sears credit card.

I say let me buy them right now with my M/C, Visa, or Amex because I don't have a Sears card. They tell me I can't, you can only purchase them over the phone with a Sears card, but when you come in we'll accept the credit cards you have.

So I ask to speak with a manager and get put on hold.........Same guy gets back on the phone and says that's our policy he doesn't need to speak with you.

I say OK tell him I'm not driving 35 miles to find out the tire are gone and that they just lost $650. and my future business.

I'm sure this has to do with the near bankruptcy, but losing customer doesn't make sense unless they don't give a **** and plan on closing...

Off to Goodyear Tomorrow AM. :toasting:

Locals Find!

That is just BS on their part. I dropped my sears card years ago because, they lowered my credit line to my balance. I told them if they were going to drop my credit line like that they could show there card using language Fred probably wouldn't allow on here.

Customer service at Sears really blows. I hope they go bankrupt soon. Sadly Walmart has better customer service than Sears lately. Which is really bad from a Company with such a long history in the United States.

skyhigh

I can somewhat understand their policy. I'm sure they get asked to "hold" merchandise all the time, then get skunked. For someone so insistent, I would think they could have made an exception.

So I ask to speak with a manager and get put on hold.........Same guy gets back on the phone and says that's our policy he doesn't need to speak with you.

That part alone would tick me off. I wonder if he would "NEED" to speak to you if he knew you were going to call Sears headquarters and relate that story and his name?

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
I can somewhat understand their policy. I'm sure they get asked to "hold" merchandise all the time, then get skunked. For someone so insistent, I would think they could have made an exception.

That part alone would tick me off. I wonder if he would "NEED" to speak to you if he knew you were going to call Sears headquarters and relate that story and his name?

I wanted to purchase
not hold the tires if you read the thread... :tongue:

CentralSigns

I would call the corporate customer service dept and explain the problem to them. Let corporate call the manager and difficult sale person and ream them a new ash hole.

Techman

sears / kmart does not care. You can complain all you want. They have the same attitude that circuit city had.
That is why they are going out.
I really do not like it when they ask me to donate a buck every time I buy something either.
Off with their heads.

John L

I use to own a wrecker service many moons ago. If business was slow, I would just follow around behind customers leaving the Sears Auto Center. You are better off.

But if Sears is really closing I'm gonna freshen up the Craftsman replacements that one last time. Sears is the only place I have seen a guy go from making popcorn and ripping tickets at the movies to auto mechanic in a day (true).

Pat Whatley

Hell, they're trying to give me a television right now. Right before Christmas we put a television on layaway online because it was on sale, i wanted to pay cash, and I didn't want to have to go to the damn mall right at Christmas. A few days after Christmas I went in, paid the balance, picked up my tv and I've been watching it for weeks. Since then I get four phone calls a day from an automated system telling me my television is ready for pickup. Today I called, finally got somebody on the phone....AND THEY ARGUED WITH ME ABOUT WHETHER I'D PICKED IT UP. The lady even suggested somebody may have purchased it for me.

Apparently somebody forgot to scan my receipt when I picked it up and they are incapable of correcting that mistake. The system is apparently not going to be happy until another television leaves the store.

Morons.

skyhigh

I wanted to purchase
not hold the tires if you read the thread... :tongue:

I read you right Mike.
They tell me I can't, you can only purchase them over the phone with a Sears card (as a courtesy), but when you come in we'll accept the credit cards you have.

I don't accept Credit cards over the phone either, unless I have a signed proposal or authorization.

I received this just today....same thing. It was sitting right on top of my garbage. If you look close, you can see where I ripped this up. I pulled it out just for you.

What it boils down to..... its not the same world we used to live in. Where retails used to know you by name, now they only know you by your credit card number....and GOOD customers sign a pre-authorization card.

Attachments

• CC.jpg
    CC.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 75

MatthewTimothy

NO NO NO, go to Discount Tire Direct (if you have a location) We have five now in the Nashville area and they are great. They guarantee to have all new tires installed in 40 mins or less, comes with FREE lifetime flat repair, rotate, and balance. Bought some for my Titan. They actually made an error and hooked me up. Was gonna get some bridgestones and called, when i got there they sold the last set so they gave me the next better thing at the same price. Cool with me

WildWestDesigns

NO NO NO, go to Discount Tire Direct (if you have a location) We have five now in the Nashville area and they are great. They guarantee to have all new tires installed in 40 mins or less, comes with FREE lifetime flat repair, rotate, and balance. Bought some for my Titan. They actually made an error and hooked me up. Was gonna get some bridgestones and called, when i got there they sold the last set so they gave me the next better thing at the same price. Cool with me

Moody's here. Mainly because they know how to deal with diesel trucks when I don't want to mess with my own. Which isn't that often, but when it does happen, off to Moody's.

Only bad thing is that I doubt that there is a location to other people.

I'm always jittery over those national chains that will hire just about anyone. A lot of them don't know the right oil for a diesel versus a gasser. So I have to wonder what else are they not up on that I might not find out about until it's flying off the truck as I'm going down the highway.

Mainframe

Hell, they're trying to give me a television right now. Right before Christmas we put a television on layaway online because it was on sale, i wanted to pay cash, and I didn't want to have to go to the damn mall right at Christmas. A few days after Christmas I went in, paid the balance, picked up my tv and I've been watching it for weeks. Since then I get four phone calls a day from an automated system telling me my television is ready for pickup. Today I called, finally got somebody on the phone....AND THEY ARGUED WITH ME ABOUT WHETHER I'D PICKED IT UP. The lady even suggested somebody may have purchased it for me.

Apparently somebody forgot to scan my receipt when I picked it up and they are incapable of correcting that mistake. The system is apparently not going to be happy until another television leaves the store.

Morons.

Maybe it was one of those secret santas & they paid for a bunch of layaways, if that is the case, go get your free tv :clapping:

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
sears electronics isn't any better ... last year we picked up 2 tablets from sears during black friday ... they only charged us for one ... Even asked if he was sure that was the price "yes, I'm sure, I know how to do this" was the response we got ... so i didn't bicker.