• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's with these tire kickers?

J

john1

lol what in the world does this have to do with people in the sign industry talking about customers who waste our time?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't think I've ever charged anyone for these things. Even for cats, dogs or whatever........

I'll give up to two of the same name for 'free' to the person.

We just did two more this week for a fallen firemen..... and one for someone's brother I believe.

Give them for 'free' and you dictate the five fonts from which they can choose and it's over in about 5 minutes. Quite painless.

As for the tire-kickers..... it's part of doing business.

As for Craig's point.... many of these 'In Memory of' decals are for our fallen soldiers. Another reason we don't charge.

Clear Choice

I don't think I've ever charged anyone for these things. Even for cats, dogs or whatever........
I'll give up to two of the same name for 'free' to the person.
We just did two more this week for a fallen firemen..... and one for someone's brother I believe.
Give them for 'free' and you dictate the five fonts from which they can choose and it's over in about 5 minutes. Quite painless.
As for the tire-kickers..... it's part of doing business.
As for Craig's point.... many of these 'In Memory of' decals are for our fallen soldiers. Another reason we don't charge.

That's a good idea Gino! What turn-around do you offer? They usually want them NOW.

I just donated 60 pink cancer ribbons to the local High School Football team and had just a couple of hours notice.
They wanted to put them on their helmets in support of an Aunt that was fighting cancer.
Now, I'm wondering why the guy who gets their sign and decal business didn't supply them???
Maybe it will help wrestle some business away from him....but probably not
he's a former teacher.

Craig Sjoquist

Fmg what on earth does whining about customers tire kicking. Selling is all about tire kickers and turning the negative around, but if you cry about it you get no0thing.

I mention our soldiers in the Mid East because they have to deal with enormous hard ships, every day 24 hrs.

Now use those tire kickers and find ways so turn it around to a sale, like read some sales books and that would be more possible.

Smolder

Dang, I was about to say how selling one or two cut decals usually takes more time than the job is worth, and I still kinda believe that. However, I must say that not charging for In loving memory decals is all sorts of classy.

Our store has a laundry mat right next door, and we get lots of people just wandering in looking for a way to kill 20 minutes while their whites are drying. This was beginning to eat huge chunks of time and 90% of the time, didn't result in any sale at all.

We decided that we needed a buffer of pretty pictures to give browsers something to look at until their laundry finished. We made a binder of different fonts, 4x4 decals, and other generic clip art (all of which were simple and easy to weed if we did sell one.) This worked incredibly well, so well that we ended up expanding the binder to include a portfolio of our higher end work. It gives people who are just looking something to look at, and saves us lots of time.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's a good idea Gino! What turn-around do you offer? They usually want them NOW.

Like I said.... about five minutes. They can either wait or come back in a little while. Sometimes, if we're too busy, I'll tell them to go across the street and get a hot dog and coke and they'll be done by the time they come back.

smold.... it does take more time than it's worth business-wise, but I do it for a totally diffeent reason. Beisdes, when you ony have a few fonts available and its only a name, a date and a few words.... how long can that really take ??