• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's your "Go To" sign supply store?

Kottwitz-Graphics

Welcome to the board from not too far from you on the Eastern Shore.

I buy my sheet goods, paint, and some hardware from Harbor Sales, and vinyl from Fellers. They have warehouses all over the country, and one there in B'more.

You have NGlantz there in B'more, and they carry sheet goods, and you can most drive over and pick them up.

legacyborn

Product Sign Supplies, which just was bought out by N. Glantz (looking forward to the change) Then Denco for the stuff PSS didn't carry, then Ordway for when PSS was out. Then fellers when all else fails.

DirtyD

60% Glantz, 35% Wensco 5% Grimco - If Glantz carried Roland Inks and consumables than it would be higher

Oh yeah and Dont forget about CMO a wholesale printer in Richmond, VA. Grand format, router services, and other special stuff you may sub out

toucan_graphics

I try to buy local wherever possible so I mostly use a Mom & Pop supplier about an hour from me. Excellent service and great prices.

50% Robbins Sign Supply
30% Grimco
10% Wensco
10% all others

thewvsignguy

Pioneer Supply 80% free Pioneer truck delivery Mon & Fri Best prices on 99% of our rolled goods, good selection on rigid substrates too!
Fellers 10% for mutoh ink and stuff pioneer does not have, they charge me around an additional 20-30 over pioneers prices though.
Harbor Sales 5% free harbor truck delivery on Mondays, lots of sign brackets and a few rigid substrates
Grimco 5% app tape and 2 specific roll of Avery material.

AaronSSsignsKC

N Glantz, Grimco, Fellers are our main ones fellers is convenient but bad customer service Glantz has less roll media tons of sheet substrates and led/fab materials and good customer service and grimco has good tech support and a where we get most of our ink and printer supplies.....GOOD LUCK!

petepaz

Don't know the exact %'s but we use fellers, tyrrell tech, n. Glantz, harborsales and nazdar. Each has their own specialty or pricing on certain items so we use them all.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
My favorite 'GO TO' is the state store............ :bushmill:

Actually, they've all been mentioned. They all have their good point and bad points, but overall, good. Had a major run-in with Harbor this week. Before they got to us for a delivery, they turned around without any reason. Came back the next day and still didn't have a reason. So, I'm a little p!ssed to say the least.

tulsagraphics

Reece for substrates (good prices, but truck delivery can take a toll on materials)
Fellers for printable vinyl, banner, specialty films, and inks. (Competitive pricing if you can negotiate. Really good pricing if you are great at negotiating AND order on a regular basis)
GSG only when I'm looking for oddball stuff that the above 2 companies may not have in stock (specific colors of 751 or w/e), or sometimes I need something delivered on the Tuesday delivery truck.

The biggest perk (for all of them) is free weekly delivery, or free 1-day (ground) shipping w/ Fellers Tulsa.

I used to buy from N'Glantz when they were in Tulsa, but their shipping methods/policies make it too expensive and long shipping time.

For me, the weekly delivery schedules were:
(formerly) N'Glantz Tulsa on Monday,
GSG on Tuesday,
Reece on Thursday,
Fellers every day of the week (via free shipping @ $99).

I like my current set up, and I keep in touch with all my sales reps, like showing them pictures of excellent jobs I've done related to the "better" material I was recommended by them. They are always happy to share other useful info as well. And if you want to negotiate better prices -- be the guy that has a conversation with your rep -- rather than just the "order out of the catalog through the main office" guy. Sales reps are business people too, and they can help grow your company if you let them. Treat them like a business partner and they will reciprocate. You'll get the best deals, some of the best info around, product samples, and sometimes when you get into a crunch, they'll happily drive material to you (an hour away, on the weekend, for example) for no charge. That's happened to me countless times. So yeah, I really like Tulsa Fellers, and Tulsa Reece has come through for me as well.