• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's your shop minimum?

Bly

If they ***** about the minimum fee I tell them pay this week's rent and I'll do it for free.

Tim Aucoin

$25 minimum charge for a regular customer.
$40 minimum for a walk-in wanting something.
$60 minimum if they ask too many questions!

These minimums are for sign/decal related stuff. Of course we have a digital copy center upstairs here also, and really, my minimum up there is a buck. Someone walks in and wants 1 B&W copy, they pay a buck! We don't get too much of that though. :rolleyes:

J

john1

Mines currently $30 for small stuff and $50 for digital prints. I usually like to stay at $50 for everything but sometimes you gotta pay the bills

dsmskyline

We don't really have a minimum price, but we also don't do regular Joe walk-ins either.

The presses bill in at $300/hour plus material, typically a press job is around $10K.

Large format is an "extra bonus" for our clients. Keeps them from having to go to multiple places. They can get their event brochures and signage in-house and be color matched and not have to worry about quality. We thankfully don't have to make sure we price the pieces to keep the doors open.

HulkSmash

37.50 for cut vinyl.

$70 for anything deeper into production then cutting vinyl.

$160 minimum for any offsite install. (Includes Travel Time)

TopFliteGraphics

My minimum is generally $35. That's if it does not take any real time to do. I charge the same rate hourly for simple design work with a 1/2 hour min. That is plus the shop min for custom cut vinyl.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
Let's say we're are pricing cut vinyl letters. Our minimum is 4 sqft and they order 2 sqft.
Do you tell them they can get two of what they ordered for the same minimum or do you just quote them the full 4 sqft price?

Locals Find!

Let's say we're are pricing cut vinyl letters. Our minimum is 4 sqft and they order 2 sqft.
Do you tell them they can get two of what they ordered for the same minimum or do you just quote them the full 4 sqft price?

I don't use my plotter much but, my rule of thimb is to charge them for the full price whatever it may be. If I can fit extra into it, I just surprise them when they show up. Makes for a happy customer cause they feel like that gotta little extra free. It also doesn't paint you into a corner if you can use that same space for another paying job and double your money on the same cost of materials.

visual800

I dont have a minimum I guess it depends on who the customer is and what they want. Im not in phonebook and most general public dont know how to reach me so I dont get alot of birthday banner requests and junk like that

TopFliteGraphics

I don't use my plotter much but, my rule of thimb is to charge them for the full price whatever it may be. If I can fit extra into it, I just surprise them when they show up. Makes for a happy customer cause they feel like that gotta little extra free. It also doesn't paint you into a corner if you can use that same space for another paying job and double your money on the same cost of materials.

I do the same thing. I do some boat transom names/lettering and the size is like 8" *36", as such, I can easily do two for the price of one on those. I give the customer the extra set "just in case something happens when they try to install them."

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
$18-$25 depending on details. Seems to weed out the the ones that want a $10 graphic and spend an hour nudging 2 words around to find the 'perfect' spacing.

Speedsterbeast

I actually have a shop maximum.... I will only try and lose a maximum of $50 on a job.
And can you beleive, people still bi#@h it's too low?