• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

When you outsource, do you tell the customer?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
i will say "there are many ways to produce this sign. Most of the time, I fabricate in house, but there are times when I can get a better product, for a better price, by sending it out to someone who specializes in that particular item."
dude. The term "SIGN" is all encompassing. It can mean one coroplast 6x24" real estate rider, or it can mean a 10ft by 30ft double sided, illuminated monument that is composed of light boxes and foam and plastic and vinyl and paint metal and concrete. Why do you always have to be so abrasive?

Now, you're just making sh!t up. You didn't mean that and you know it. Ya got caught making sh!t up and ya don't like the outcome, so you're backpedaling. Anyone can clearly see you were talking about ONE SIGN.

As for sending jobs to FireSprint or other wholesalers, yeah, that's the way to do it, but they are just an extended arm of one's own business. No reason to tell your customer all that. You're talking out both sides of your mouth and throwing so much sh!t at the fan, hoping someone believes your BS and it ain't working. Just go back in the kitchen and make supper for your kids and give it a rest...... dudette.

Taryn

dude. The term "SIGN" is all encompassing. It can mean one coroplast 6x24" real estate rider, or it can mean a 10ft by 30ft double sided, illuminated monument that is composed of light boxes and foam and plastic and vinyl and paint metal and concrete. Why do you always have to be so abrasive?
Now, you're just making sh!t up. You didn't mean that and you know it. Ya got caught making sh!t up and ya don't like the outcome, so you're backpedaling. Anyone can clearly see you were talking about ONE SIGN.

Am I wrong in thinking Gino thought fresh was talking about an order of one singular sign? I can't tell what fresh is so up in arms about.

I usually tell my customers when I can provide them a cheaper alternative to me doing part of their project or offer to order it from upstream when I simply can't do it because of lack of equipment. One of my current jobs is doing 50 totes and while I could do the logos in house, it would be cheaper to order from our upstream (and the printer is acting up. it might be getting old).
We didn't have the option of an in-house manufacture with a sponsorship banner we recently did because a local company recently changed to a gradient logo and wanted their school gym banner to reflect that. My experience so far is that the locals don't care so long as it's relatively inexpensive.

rjssigns

I tell them if I remember to. My clients don't care where the signs or whatever come from, who makes them, etc... They want the quality and service I've built my reputation on.
There are only a few subs I trust with my business. They are not cheap or fast but at least I can sleep.

fresh

Ya'll found me out. When someone comes in and orders a single real estate rider, I spend hours searching for the best deal to offer my customer instead of spending 15 minutes making it house. I'm so embarrassed that you caught me! I should just give up now, fuck the business I've built up over the past 14 years! Clearly I have no idea what i'm doing.

/s

Am I wrong in thinking Gino thought fresh was talking about an order of one singular sign? I can't tell what fresh is so up in arms about.

Just that no matter what most people say or suggest, according to Gino, we're always wrong. And why is Gino even so fixated ONE SIGN? WTF does he mean I was "caught" making something up. Its really irritating to be called a liar in a forum that exists to help people. Backpedaling? No, my statement was clear from the beginning. I'm seriously confused at how he thinks I was making stuff up or how my statement could be misinterpreted. Gino is a bully, give it time and he'll treat you like garbage, too.

& because i'm sure he'll have some remark about making a ONE real estate rider, I have a shop minimum. if someone wants to spend $75 on one rider, that is their prerogative.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
fresh..... your frustrations are heard and quite clear, but don't be putting words in my mouth. I can only comment on remarks made here. I don't know you from a door knob, so if you don't like my answers or accusations, just don't participate. I'm only responding to what you or anyone else says or asks. If you think I'm a bully, as many others do, it is only from feeling inadequate in some area(s)....of your own. If the things I say are baseless and untrue, let me know and I'll retract them, if need be.

Other than this outburst of yours in this thread.... have ya noticed how quite and friendly this place has been, lately ?? I've been involved in many many threads and nothing negative, until you started calling names and making sh!t up. I trust you do realize, I don't take nothing lying down. I don't mind spending a few minutes here or there, putting down a dumb idea or thought process. It's just that some of you are full of them and spout them out like Gospel. Taryn has nothing to fear from me, that I can assure YOU of, fresh. It's those who don't try for themselves and constantly barrage this place with idiotic ideas and notions.

Oh, and don't give up a 14 year old business. You're just starting out and things could go really well for you, just wait and see. :u rock:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Ya'll found me out. When someone comes in and orders a single real estate rider, I spend hours searching for the best deal to offer my customer instead of spending 15 minutes making it house. I'm so embarrassed that you caught me! .

Dont be an idiot

Gino

Premium Subscriber
please explain what exactly you perceive I made up?
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? What is wrong with you?
You are a bully and a male chauvinist. I'm not calling you names, I can only comment on remarks made here.

Pick just about anything you've said throughout this thread and it's all confrontational and back-pedaling after it's been pointed out to you. You seem to react, rather than act.

As far as being a bully, I could use some very choice words for you, but then you'd be on my case about word usage and being condescending towards you. It seems you just can't take much of anything, so while you call it chauvinistic, I call it trying to defuse the situation. It didn't work on you, as you have some sorta ax to grind, so carry on missie Lizzie Borden.

Odd, how you can call me names, make stuff up and back-pedal, while giving silly answers, but you hold me to every letter I use in my posts. You are great for having double standards, while I must play by the rules. Someone just recently said to me in an e-mail........ The internet allows the dummies to feel smart, they all gravitate to each other and make a big ball of stupid.
:bookworm

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
I wonder if Gemini outsources.

Good question! :)

Haha!

We do outsource pretty regularly, just not our core business. We offer it as a service to our customers to bring a deal together, logistically under one roof.

We're nowhere near as large as any of the big wholesalers with numbers in their names (4..3..2), and we offer services like kitting and distribution to multiple locations. We make it seamless if you have a customer with 60 locations and they want to run a sale or re-brand for example.

Last edited: