Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where best place to get ink ?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Printers' started by Randy T, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Randy T

Randy T newbee

May 14, 2019
    Oklahoma
    Looking for the best place to get ink . My China printer takes ink in a bulk tank , My colors are not printing as they should so I think I should try a better or at least different ink suppler .

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Robert M

Robert M Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2007
    colorado
    What type of ink do you use? Eco solvent? You may be careful about mixing inks. Check with the manufacturer and ask them if they support other brands of ink. If not you may want to flush the system first. If sell for Bordeaux inks and may be able to help with selecting a new ink. I would suggest that you don't mix inks unless you research this.

3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Are you really 12 years old or is that how old your business is ??

4. Randy T

Randy T newbee

May 14, 2019
    Oklahoma
    I wish I was 12 . Hows that .

5. Randy T

Randy T newbee

May 14, 2019
    Oklahoma
    Eco Solvent yes .

6. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    There’s a LOT of stuff to try first before you blame the ink. If you’ve started that process, please enlighten us as to why you’re blaming the ink..

Has it ever printed the right colours? “China printer” doesn’t fill me with hope. What ink are you using just now?

7. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  8. Randy T

Randy T newbee

May 14, 2019
    Oklahoma
    I have used the ink sent with it . No the colors have been off since day one . They have changed ever setting on this software and tried more than I can listed
    to get it right . To the point that they think the ink could be the problem . Now for me to "enlighten " you I would have to know all the correct teams to use which I do not
    but their tech guy should know this and he is out of ideas . Profiles , settings etc etc

9. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Without any knowledge of the printer or inks, it could very well be the inks.. but could also be a multitude of other factors, including software and hardware.

However, the Chinese printers save you some money upfront, but always seem to be expensive headaches from then on unless you’re very techy/hands on.

It could very well be that the output you are getting, is the best that printer can do? Is it consistent?

How do the test prints/nozzle checks look?

10. equippaint

equippaint Very Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    Doubt that its the ink, the Chinese RIP that they give you with it is the more likely culprit.

11. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    For the office, amazon, for the printer that makes money, Graphic Solutions Group. I only put chinese ink in the printers that don't make money, and I can never get the same ink from one month to the next.

12. Randy T

Randy T newbee

May 14, 2019
    Oklahoma
    Test prints look good , but if you try to print a cyan box it will be a royal blue

13. Randy T

Randy T newbee

May 14, 2019
    Oklahoma
    That could be true .

14. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Try get a trial of one of the better rips that support your printer (if any) and see if that helps?

15. Randy T

Randy T newbee

May 14, 2019
    Oklahoma
    Thanks