• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where can I find the CHEVROLET tailgate log as pictured?

phototec

Is it your ebay store? :clapping:

No it's not, I just use GOOGLE (for anything), and it was just one of the hits.

I also use BOTW, however very often the vectors on BOTW are NOT accurate, and the "CHEVROLET" which was referred to in a post above is NOT the right one.

Most of the time I just use a tape measure or ruler (which I have attached magnets to the back), place it near the graphic and take a straight on photo using an 85mm lens (to eliminate distortion), then open the image in PS and scale to full size base on the full dimension. Then open the full size image and trace (dim the image to 50%) in Illy, bingo, I have a perfect vector image.

In the attached photo you can see how I created a full size Jeep Wrangler decal by first taking the photo straight-on (cater left to right, and up and down), with the magnetic backed ruler as reference, then scaled the image to full size in PS, then in Illy traced over the image to create the new vector file. One note, the SPORTS decal was installed crooked at the factory, that's why my red lines look off, because I made everything level.

Attachments

• How to make.jpg
    How to make.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 103

artbot

also, without the right lens one can use PS:

- filter/lens correction/custom/remove distortion.

Gene@mpls

I am even older than you are OP- I can pay for almost anything I want... except attention. :Big Laugh

No need to go all Donald Trump on me. We old pharts need to stick together in the home, ya know.

artbot

This Oldpaint/signs101 thing is satirical, right? Oops, sorry. ...............RIGHT????))))))))))))))

OldPaint

i didnt go "donald trump" on ya...... just the FACTS........when the logo is already on the vehicle........how can i violate copywrite buy painting it???????hahahahahahahaahahaha ARTBOT...... dont lose your day job, as a comic, you wont make it))))))hahahahahahaha

artbot

I'm completely serious. Do you order at a restaurant, discuss politics, talk to strangers with similar disdain? Or is this an "internet caricature" impersonating a codger of sorts. Don't get me wrong, it's entertaining either way.

Gene@mpls

OP is OK Artbot... he just has O.D.D. :Big Laugh As you get old your social filters decline and
your cap lock and keyboard keys tend to stick down. And... point taken... the logo is already
on the tailgate, but how about painting a © logo? If you cut it from vinyl or make a paint mask
and paint it or paint it with your shaky old hands>>>>>>>>>> it is still a violation. Right?