• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where did all of my Metalic Ink go ???

autoexebat

I just ran a printer status with versaworks and I see my metalic ink is 1/2 full ......... !!!!!!!!!! WOW I haven't even printed anything in metalic on my machine other than a test piece that was 12x4 inches !

And yes I have 2 profiles , the current profile is not supposed to be using any metalic ink.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

TXFB.INS

cleaning,

not sure what you have machine wise but we had to sell a VS because it was using SO MUCH ink during cleaning.

The newer machines are suppose to be better about metallic ink waste

petepaz

our XR-640 has the metallic set up and we don't really go through that much ink through cleanings. we only use the metallic ink about 3 times a month, have only ordered 3 metallic cart.s since we got the machine which i think isn't too bad. our xc-54 which is set up for white ink now that i go through white ink but i am not really printing it at all (might have it changed back to all color) since we got our LEJ uv machine we pretty much only use the uv white.

autoexebat

I have a brand new ( One month old ) VS-300i ....... I have cleaning cartriges , can those go in place of the metalic ink ?

techsign33

I have a brand new ( One month old ) VS-300i ....... I have cleaning cartriges , can those go in place of the metalic ink ?

That's mean the tube,damper and the head first time was filled plus first cleaning mybe at first will waste more ink. recalculate.

AnthonyRalano

Anyone have a great way to profit from the metallic ink? Its a great feature but sure sucks that it all ends up in the waste tank. I guess offering it to customers more would help. We are in the same boat.

autoexebat

Yeah this really SUCKS ...... I wish I would have never got the MT feature , More money down the drain ! Figure 1 cartrige is $240.00 and 1/2 is gone without me even using it .... man this sucks ....

How hard is it to switch it over to white ? I'd rather waste money in a 120.00 cartrige than a $240.00 one thats 220ml

AnthonyRalano

I believe you can replace the white and metallic with $50 cleaning cartridges without voiding warranty. If you get a metallic or white job you can always pop the originals back in. I am checking into this.