• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where else do you go?

dlndesign

As everyone will agree Signs101 is a great resource and I use it whenever I am stuck and need some insight.

But I am curious where else do you go for sign and graphics industry related questions, issues and concerns?

Thanks!

SignManiac

Grocery store. Just look at the million dollar package design and you will see all sorts of color combinations, shapes, panels, fonts. They are designed to grab the viewers eye immediately.
Magazines can be a good source too. And just look at the local signs in your town and take notice of the ones that aren't visually offensive.

Marlene

Grocery store. Just look at the million dollar package design and you will see all sorts of color combinations, shapes, panels, fonts. They are designed to grab the viewers eye immediately.
Magazines can be a good source too. And just look at the local signs in your town and take notice of the ones that aren't visually offensive.

grocery store is my favorite for color and style ideas too.

Zx360

Support system

Besides the knowledge base I have at my fingertips here. Any time I have a question or want quick insight on layout or technique for something I have the guy who I first worked with when I started in the industry. We don't work together anymore but on many occasions we Bo bounce emails or texts back and forth when we have a question or need a second opinion or are just "stuck" on something.

i really feel like your support system and peers are the best weapon, even our competitors we have worked with in the past.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
LinkedIn has a few groups I like... SEGD, ADA Lady being 2

There are a few Facebook groups too. HOWies being my favorite, there are a few sign related ones too.

Letterville

Sign Syndicate

Then there are trade shows like SEGD and How Conference.

TimToad

Wow! I had no idea old photos like this were kept by anyone, but this is yours truly in 1985 at the age of 24 demonstrating 3D Letter enhancements with only brushes, Smith's cream, bulletin colors and some artist's oils. The fact that these were saved and now shared reveals the deep respect for the craft so many of us have.

We may bicker here from time to time and step on each others sensitive spots occasionally, but deep down, few other crafts are as tight knit as we are. Do you think plumbers go to little towns every summer and redo the sewers like our Walldogs do with the mural projects?

http://www.letterville.com/meets/chicago/Scana0002.jpg

TimToad

Pat,

I'm an Albertson's man myself.

Trader Joe's design aesthetic seems a bit hackneyed at times to me. LOL

On the primary question...... I'm like a frickin' sponge. Nothing design oriented escapes my curious eyes.

Craig Sjoquist

I never realized how much fun & how great it was to be a sign painter till I went to a Walldog meet & I would not have probably never known about it had it not been for the internet.

Yes all the other resources mentioned.

Jillbeans

Mainly Signs 101 these days but there are a few good sign groups on Facebook.
I have been doing this so many years that my questions are not usually technical ones.
Mine are more "how do I keep from strangling this client?" type queries.
For camaraderie I go to Walldog and Pinhead meets.
Love....Jill

BobM

1st. thing every morning, Signs101, Letterville, Creativesignmakers, and Famallcub.