• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where to find frost/etch static cling

scrip

Prefered widht of 48" or more
roll
printable if possible

Any source in Canada or US ?

thanks!
É

petepaz

never saw a frost/glass etch STATIC CLING version .
we use mactac bubble free etch vinyl with good results and it's pritable as well

scrip

Thanks! MacTac is a good product. looking for static cling for repeat/short term projects fast and easy application

petepaz

can you print white or silver?
if so maybe you can print on clear static a % of white or silver and make you own material or get clear static cling and try mounting the etch vinyl to it.

J Hill Designs

google comes up with some etched static cling, but Im not about to find a particular supplier for you, just confirming it exists :thumb:

scrip

it does exist!
fond a few retail sites
purlfrost in england

we mostly cover large commercial windows for a day or two, sometimes just a few hours.
printing on clear is not an option as it is too much time consuming
at the size and quantity needed.
but sometimes it is nice to be able print on the frosted material.

scrip

Eahicks, maybe good for small things.
but most of the time got to use half a roll or 1 or more full rolls of material.
Would not be cost effective.
Thanks!

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I don't see why it couldn't be cost -effective. Tell the customer that's a custom product and charge accordingly! I was more asking if it would work....I don't see why not.

scrip

probably would work
if the vinyl isn't too heavy for the cling at 4' x 9'.
will just keep on sticking the frosted vinyl to the windows
and skip the cling till i find some frosted cling :)
thanks!