• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where to find powdered charcoal for pouncing. Not Hansee

Mr. T

I'm looking for some real charcoal powder. I'm not happy with the Hansee powder. It looks dark grey and doesn't have that deep black that make the pattern lines pop.
Thanx,
Tracy

Mr. T

Where to find powdered charcoal powder.

I'm looking for powdered charoal powder. Not the dark black Hansee powder. I used to have the REAL stuff but now it's time to find some more.
Thanx,
Tracy

Vinylman

I have never tried this, {Hansee charcoal has been my charcoal of choice] BUT could you just put several charcoal brickies from your barbecue in a sock and crush them?

Mr. T

Pounce

There really is a difference between Hansee and real charcoal powder. When your lettering a wall 100 feet in the air you don't want to be searching for light pounce lines.
Tracy

OldPaint

i buy TEMPRA PAINT POWDER.............instead of charcoal. what nice about the TEMPRA is even finer ground then the charcoal.

Last edited:

JasperST

Are you sure your holes are big enough? If you are using a pounce wheel you should sand the back of the pattern.

johnrock15

Hey Chief. . . I have it ! Bought a brown paper bag full of it back in 1986 from N. Glantz & Son on Chancellor Ave. in Irvington, NJ. Made -a -pile of
money with it. Still have the original bag ! Johnny Boy, OUT.:rock-n-roll:

round man

I get black chaulk from lowes here,...home depot has it also ,...works great but same as the old charcoal its messy as hell,....

Si Allen

DO NOT USE RED snap line powder!!!!!

It will be there FOREVER!!!!!!

A competitor did a job on the wall at a Furniture Store and used red chalk in his snap line ... 18 years later ... the red lines were still there!

:omg2::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Mr. T

Thanks for the replies. I ordered some through Dick Blick. Only 6oz. packages but it will have to do for now. I will check out the Home Depot for some, I never knew they had it in black.
thanks again,
Tracy