• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where to get a D Punch?

Kottwitz-Graphics

Hey, guys. I'm in need of a D punch for some sockets for a sign that I will start building next week.

I don't have one, and I can't seem to find a supplier. I've tried NGlantz, and they don't carry them anymore...

Or if anyone knows where I could get some alum for a raceway that is already punched, that would be fine. I don't need it often, so I'd hate to drop $400 on one I won't use for another 3 or 4 years...

Thanks in advance,
Mark

petepaz

i have never used them and don't have a source but i googled it and a ton of suppliers popped up. google is kind of like duct tape, if you can't fix it duct it. if you can't find any info google it

FS-Keith

I doubt anyone has them even pioneer. everybody stopped making them and nobody has them on the shelves. after a long time looking I bought a box of them at a liquidation auction. are you bending up a cabinet or using extrusion? if you are using an extrusion or someones knock down kit you can order the raceway covers prepunched

Mark S. Adams

N. Glantz - Page 293 of the current catalog
list price in catalog of $179.09
also, Tubelite - Page 372 of the current catalog

Mark

Kottwitz-Graphics

I doubt anyone has them even pioneer. everybody stopped making them and nobody has them on the shelves. after a long time looking I bought a box of them at a liquidation auction. are you bending up a cabinet or using extrusion? if you are using an extrusion or someones knock down kit you can order the raceway covers prepunched

Just what I have been told... NGlantz doesn't have them in stock, Interstate Electric doesn't have them in stock, Pioneer doesn't have them in stock, and I didn't think about Tubelite (not one of my normal suppliers)... Well, Tubelite was a bust. No one has one on the shelf... The guy at Interstate was very helpful, and told me that they are made by A&D, in Oregon, and they went out of buisness about a year and a half ago...

I'm fabing the cab't myself, and not planning on using an extrusion. One sugestion was to throw them on my router, and let the machine do it...but I hate cutting alum on my machine (no cooling system)...

Last edited:

John L

This works well with your head stuck inside one up in the air. If you don't have that many to do...

Attachments

• D Hole.jpg
    D Hole.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 103

Mosh

I have one I got at Central Sign Supply 20 years ago....aahhh just use LED's and "forget abowt et"

Kottwitz-Graphics

I'm a little out of the loop on this one, but I have used "D" punches for many years in the electrical field. No one mentions a size, but here are several ranging in size from 0.625 x 0.594 to 0.769 x 0.642 in inches. Is this what you are referring to?

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/ww...=d+punch&op=search&Ntt=d+punch&N=0&sst=subset

Ain't cheap, but there they are.

Thats them... I'll give them a call and see if they are even available. Thanks.. If not, I'll just throw the things on the old router...Hey, I see a future project for my step son...

This works well with your head stuck inside one up in the air. If you don't have that many to do...

I've done that years ago in the past, but I'm looking for a solution that looks a little more professional... Thanks though...

I have one I got at Central Sign Supply 20 years ago....aahhh just use LED's and "forget abowt et"

Mosh, how do you light a double face 4' x 6' sign cab't with leds?

The other comments about don*** shows, and donkey punches, I'm going to ignore...