• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where to get fancy ADA signage?

nolanola

Hey All,
We have an interesting request for ADA signs that are more intricate than your regular fair.
There are 2 spec drawings here - any one know where to get these?

Thank you for the help!

nolanola

Spec Drawings here

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 321
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 304

nolanola

Hey All - thanks for info so far.
Designs are not yet final. We are hoping to find someone who can produce these so our client has an idea of what their budget needs to be.
Any thoughts?

signbrad

The recommended contrast between letters and background is 70%.
I think that solid backgrounds are not required as long as there is sufficient contrast.

We make hundreds of these every year for local schools, hospitals and office buildings.
We are not a supplier for the sign industry at large, but one of our competitors is and they do excellent work: ASI. They are spec'd on many of the projects we bid.
https://asisignage.com/locations/kansas-city/

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
The recommended contrast between letters and background is 70%.
I think that solid backgrounds are not required as long as there is sufficient contrast.

We make hundreds of these every year for local schools, hospitals and office buildings.
We are not a supplier for the sign industry at large, but one of our competitors is and they do excellent work: ASI. They are spec'd on many of the projects we bid.
https://asisignage.com/locations/kansas-city/
You are correct. I've read probably 40% of those 300-whatever pages in the ADA, and re-read the sign specs multiple times to confirm things over the years, and nowhere does it restrict the background to solid colors. Now, since not being prohibited and being acceptable are two different things, and almost the entire sign section can be open to interpretation (other than sizing), but the important thing- and it's mentioned a number of times- is the contrast.

And, as someone else mentioned- that looks like a Vista Systems design. Call them or look at their website.