• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where to get this square tubing frame

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Where could I get a frame like this or at least the square tubing? Is 3" OD

dj2gqFnEWdMxI_poM_MdYJRSJCGwI-asxiwnyOTAKStlLM2JNysOkc2fvy2MjkDMHhPKuM70q4-QLl3ciJh9dgvxhwlOdp4QndPjIP8x47_wilVvkNciy7Y06t4Gt-1TLkd9UiHii-4=w1920-h934-no

Last edited:

CanuckSigns

I would think that is welded up at any local welding shop, I don't think shipping a premade steel frame that size would be cost effective. there are vinyl frmaes that are similar such as 4ever products

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I didnt think Id get it premade...where can I get the tubing? I Googled and found some places that sell steel so I'll call Monday, just wondering if anyone has preferred suppliers.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Looks like 3" steel tube since the corners are rounded.

Might try Metal Supermarkets in Dallas. They'll cut it to length and pretty sure they can weld it up for you too.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Looks like 3" steel tube since the corners are rounded.

Might try Metal Supermarkets in Dallas. They'll cut it to length and pretty sure they can weld it up for you too.

Thank you, I called and got a quote on the metal...and they are quoting welding it together. I appreciate the advise.

Ron the Sign Man

Any steel / metal shop will have it in large sticks to cut to size. I would use aluminium but it will be a bit more expensive for material and welding.

Johnny Best

Yep, lighter, easier to find and have someone fabricate it for you. I would redesign it so you do not have all those screws at top and bottom and have the face fit in the sides better.

zspace

Premium Subscriber
Is using aluminum better then steel?

Aluminum extrusions would work, but an aluminum frame of comparable strength will be heavier and you need some skills to weld it. If you want aluminum extrusions both GSG and Reece Supply carry SignComp extrusion products.