• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where to get this square tubing frame

Gino

Premium Subscriber
A sign like that, does not always depend on the needs of the stability or integrity of the posts or installation procedure for the final say.

First concern is a safe and secure installation, but in conjunction with an aesthetically type appearance. If you think 3" is overkill, it will look very odd with 1" for a sign that size. If you use posts too dinky, the sign will look like it has rickets. I think the 3" is fine, but I would dress up the base a little better. Anyway, I would not go any less than 2" and as mentioned, do something other than having a sh!tload of bolts going across top and bottom. If cost is not a problem, you can get post & panel kits just about anywhere these days and they have a much cleaner and better final appearance in the end.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Discount steel is always fantastic to work with and I am very fortunate to have them close by me in MN, they have a TX location as well not sure how close they are to you.

https://www.discountsteel.com/locations/index.cfm?PAGE_ID=30

I was going to recommend them too. They have a location in Saginaw and sell both Aluminum and steel. They also have a fab shop for those special builds. I use them often and have always had good friendly service.

equippaint

Put the top tube flush with the top of the posts, have them put a 1.5" 90 bend in the top and bottom of the face (063/080) and rivet it into the tube on the top and bottom where you wont see it. Put a blank face on the back end if its not double sided. Paint and letter.

Attachments

• IMG_2737.JPG
    IMG_2737.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 231

bannertime

I was going to recommend them too. They have a location in Saginaw and sell both Aluminum and steel. They also have a fab shop for those special builds. I use them often and have always had good friendly service.

Have you ever gotten a quote from cnc cut sheets? It was like a 2 week wait for the quote. Is the rest of their custom work like that?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you go steel, I hope you're gonna powder coat them. Aluminum, you can, too, but don't really have to. Does that weight include the .080 aluminum faces ?? Or will you put the posts up and come back and set the faces in afterwards ?? If you do it all at once, you'd have to brace it so those winds you mentioned earlier don't move them. How will you attach a dead man post to steel or aluminum without having to go back and clean up a mess ??

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Glad Metal Supermarkets took care of you.

Not busting your chops at all, but did the customer spec "Cardio Pulmonary" as two separate words? It's definitely one word....

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Glad Metal Supermarkets took care of you.

Not busting your chops at all, but did the customer spec "Cardio Pulmonary" as two separate words? It's definitely one word....
Lol, I just checked and yes that's how they have it... I looked at pictures of other signs they have and it's like that as well.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
That's about as bad as an attorneys office not caring that the evac maps aren't oriented correctly. What can ya do....

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I swear the white text is running down hill. Maybe its my wore out eyes or that railing messing with my head

Gino said the same thing... All that stuff is dead on level / straight... I think my camera and that ramp are messing with ya'll.

Heck, this photo makes the sign look warped but it's 100% straight up and down. My client was out there the entire time and watched the process... I made sure everything was spot on!

bNPGFgFNHagHfdaltdt-I5yTta9zcOXCm8EAZYHVpQ1uP440gjEDkXhb--fK-wjbaXe-gwEBFKvuLhhaifrhm47zg-fMs0_gXwodDMbMmpAyqA0XfNd2312Hz89Ku2FOMbwaXpj9oEM=w457-h938-no

7rV6BXnqcTPs1e3o83Q9_t7vWVIytCkiHXW5z4dl21p04P5b5k0ruMmYCbfjG4O5hB2knOeDgv8OmoEixO5ouVvLwX74JoWnBXVIHunAuCLhj8eZm0U-80g2jkIY3YHu4ObinpjKAWQ=w1920-h934-no