• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where you buying plotter blades?

cdiesel

We weren't happy with the life from our Roland brand blades we bought from our printer supplier, and used to buy the generic ones from SW, but something there must've changed because we used to get 2+ months out of a blade before.. the last batch of five we bought started breaking the tips off at about 2-3 weeks. I'm looking for the standard Roland blades. Thanks!

RebeckaR

I picked some up on Ebay that I've been very happy with and they were a great price.
The package says they are Roland blades... whatever, they've worked well.

ChicagoGraphics

Havel's has a sale going on now for all cutter blades 1-800-638-4770 for every 5 blades you get one free.

If your only getting 2 months out of a blade, you must be doing something wrong. I just changed the blade in my Mimaki cutter and it's over a year old.

AKWD

I bought some of the 'expensive' ones from a larger business up here. I was not thrilled. Barely made it through a (small) roll of vinyl before being trashed. I though, WTH, might as well pick up some of the eBay ones to see how they ran; I got ten for the price of one from my local(ish) supplier, and I'm still running my first blade from that set.

I've seen some of these glorified blades with this-or-that (Carbide tipped?) and wanted to try them, but so far, I'm pretty content with my eBay pickup.

GK

another vote for CleanCutBlade, I bought a ton of blades from them thinking since the prices were very good I may as well stock up since I was going through a blade every month or so...well...I haven't changed their blade out in over 8 months sooo I think I have a lot of extra ones now lol.

rcook99

Cleancut blades have worked great. Call and talk to Ross:U Rock: as he is great to work with and supplies an AWSOME product. Keep up the great work.

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

gnemmas

That ebay seller from Germany, Dr. something has amazing blades. I don't even remember when I bought it, just checked withe my designer, he hasn't change the blade yet, that is at least 18 month old.

D2S

I used clean cut blades but I get them from Beacon Graphics from now on we go straight to the source!

petepaz

we just get ours from sign supply usa
i assume they are roland blades but either way we cut alot of vinyl
and some floor graphics
sp300 2 years old only changed blade two times
vp540 1 .5 years old only changed one time