• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which is Better: Flexi or SignLab?

BobM

I have used SignLab for three years with no problems. The tech support people are always very helpful and they followup on questions. I bought Corel and have used them together several times but haven't really learned Corel well enough access it's full features.

peavey123

gotta say that is one of the most ignorant posts in an actual sign related topic. If the only people using the software is "them" worthless phuks you go on about with their head wrapping weaknesses...

...then I guess YOU haven't used them, which would explain why your posts proves you know absolutely nothing about them... but it doesn't explain exactly why you would bother to answer this question when you obviously don't know WTF you're talking about...

by the way, to the original question... I have them both, and like most software they both do a million things more than I have yet needed, or even know about. I use Flexi for print and cut work, and use signlab for cut only work.

Ignorant?? LMAO Must have hit a sensitive spot there eh guys? lol Like I said I have both software packages in my shop but have no reason to use them. I use illy, photoshop and versaworks. For vinyl cutting I do use Signlab, but if this were my shop I wouldn't bother spending the extra cash. I would cut straight from illustrator. (which can be done) Instead of spending the thousands on those programs I could have a LOT more usefull tools here...

iSign, First of all don't call my boss a worthless phuck. I never said anyone was worthless here. Just not computer-literate. My boss only really knows flexi and his wife only knows signlab. They don't care to learn illy or corel becasue they don't need too i guess? They stick with what they know. Don't be assuming I don't know anything...THAT is ignorant.

If you HAVE to buy one of the two get flexi...just my 2 cents..

and chill out people...You'd think I made fun of your mama or somethin?

David Wright

Aaron, you are criticizing the wrong crowd. Most everyone here is computer literate. That should be obvious.
Corel or Illy are not exactly new pieces of software.

Anyways, I have owned Signlab (and Corel) for over 15 years. When I had an Edge, Signlab was indispensable to me for printing with it. I would bet the same applies for inkjet printers although versaworks and others do well also.

As for cutting, I am not so sure I wouldn't go cheaper with another program like Vinylmaster or Co-cut. I am sure I wouldn't buy the full blown package of either Signlab or Flexi just for that.

peavey123

"Aaron, you are criticizing the wrong crowd. Most everyone here is computer literate. That should be obvious.
Corel or Illy are not exactly new pieces of software."

Sorry I was refferring to the people in my shop..not here on the forum.

Robert H. Bigart

If a Newbie I would go with a copy of Plans and try out its cutting ability before investing in any software. I would also try Inkscape which also a FREE
program. Then I would load Irfanview and Ghostview and learn how to draw and trace.After trying out all these FREE programs then get trial pay programs and then decide how much to pay for what you get.

Bob Bigart

Attachments

• Caboose&Tankcar.jpg
    Caboose&Tankcar.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 85