• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which is Better: Flexi or SignLab?

PMG

just do a search on here for Flexi issues....and do a search for SignLab issues then make your decision.......

RebeckaR

Are you thinking of buying or just curious what everyone prefers?

I don't use either, so I'm no help.... just wondering.

ChiknNutz

You can get SignLab for that too...but price really should NOT be a primary factor! For that matter, why not consider Adobe Illustrator or CorelDraw coupled with CoCut Pro and if you're printing, then add Wasatch SoftRip or Onyx Postershop?

Charlie J

just do a search on here for Flexi issues....and do a search for SignLab issues then make your decision.......

imho I think there are alot more flexi users than signlab. I demo'd signlab last year at nbm and it does really look like a great program.

cgsigns_jamie

Get a demo of each and try them out for yourself. I'm a big fan of Flexi and have used it since version 6.

I tried a demo of Sign Lab 8 and wasn't very impressed. That could be from me being used to the way Flexi works though.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Flexi is a great program and has superior node/control point editing tools when compared to Signlab.

Techman

Corel and Cocut Pro,,

hehe,, i know its not one of the two in the post. However. I used corel and cocut pro. And I can cut anything any one else can with flexi or signlab.
I mean anything,, and have all the extra features that make a sign program really nice to boot. Its almost embarrassing to see a friend pay 3 g's to cut vinyl and I can work right along side them for just about 1/3 of that..

peavey123

Personally I'd stay away from both. In my opinion they are overpriced and primitive. We have both Signlab and Flexi here at the shop. The only people who use them are old timers who have been using them for years and years and can't wrap their head around a new piece of software such as Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator. I guess I could understand if you were doing ONLY vinyl cutting why you could want signlab or Flexi but if you are designing also...why waste the money?

thewood

Personally I'd stay away from both. In my opinion they are overpriced and primitive. We have both Signlab and Flexi here at the shop. The only people who use them are old timers who have been using them for years and years and can't wrap their head around a new piece of software such as Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator. I guess I could understand if you were doing ONLY vinyl cutting why you could want signlab or Flexi but if you are designing also...why waste the money?

So, you think Flexi's RIP is primitive compared to Corel's and Illy's? Oh wait, those programs don't have RIPs.

It really depends on what you're going to be using the software for. If you're strictly cutting vinyl, then pick up a used copy of Corel, grab CoCut and go at it. If you are driving a large format printer, then Flexi is a fine program. It really helps to be able to design, set up contour cuts, RIP, print and cut from one app. I've read others' problems with trying to set up contour cuts in Illy and Corel to send to third party RIPs, etc. In our shop, Flexi is an integral part of a time-tested, efficient and extremely successful workflow. I also use Illy and Photoshop in certain instances, but Flexi is my go-to app.

signage

TheWood Signlab is also a rip! Which one is better is like asking is a Cadillac better than a Lincoln! Just depends on what you are used to or what you started to use, Signlab comes with some great add-ons for Photo editing and other special effects!

thewood

TheWood Signlab is also a rip! Which one is better is like asking is a Cadillac better than a Lincoln! Just depends on what you are used to or what you started to use, Signlab comes with some great add-ons for Photo editing and other special effects!

Gotcha. I have zero experience with SignLab. But it sounds like you don't consider it to be a primitive software either!

Air Art Girl

I have Fast Artist which is basically SignLab modified and use Flexi. I like certain things about both programs. If I had to pick one, I think I would pick Flexi. On another note, I do almost all my design work in Corel and Corel Photo Paint.

iSign

gotta say that is one of the most ignorant posts in an actual sign related topic. If the only people using the software is "them" worthless phuks you go on about with their head wrapping weaknesses...

...then I guess YOU haven't used them, which would explain why your posts proves you know absolutely nothing about them... but it doesn't explain exactly why you would bother to answer this question when you obviously don't know WTF you're talking about...

by the way, to the original question... I have them both, and like most software they both do a million things more than I have yet needed, or even know about. I use Flexi for print and cut work, and use signlab for cut only work.