• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

which printer is better, mimaki,mutoh,roland?

aviad515

hello,

I'm about to buy a printer, but i haven't decided which one yet.
i'm not certain which one is better, and i would like to hear from your experience.
if you can give me any recommendation i'll be grateful.

i need to choose between 3 printers:

1. mimaki cjv30 -160
2. roland RS-640
3. mutoh 1614

thank you very much!!
aviad.

iSign

we all bought the best one.. just check our profiles.. that'll be the best.. for OUR criteria...

by the way... what are YOUR criteria?

aviad515

thank you for answaring..

i'm looking for a printer that can give me the best printing result..the best quality i can get..
any recommendation ?

thank you again.

aviad

tomence

EPSON GS6000 if you are looking for best print quality. Other than that they are all great printers.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
All the brands and models you've mentioned will do that. The results you get will depend on your skill and dedication.

Trust me, we are not being evasive or trying to give you a hard time. You are posing a question that is all about opinions without explaining anything about what you hope to produce with it. Read this.

Brandon708

I would also consider the HP L25500 that uses latex inks. It's supposed to be very easy to operate and print heads cost much less than a solvent printer. You also don't need ventilation for this printer.

fmg

The Best printer is the one that will make you Money.So whatever one you choose put it to work!

aviad515

till now i work wuth other supplier to get good quality.i have printing house of my own and i want to get biger now.
the question is which one can give me the best result and print quality?
i know that all of them give me that,but which one is more recommended?
thank you all for your response.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
till now i work wuth other supplier to get good quality.i have printing house of my own and i want to get biger now.
the question is which one can give me the best result and print quality?
i know that all of them give me that,but which one is more recommended?
thank you all for your response.

The one that is recommended is the one that is stocked and recommended by the nearest dealer to you who has a good reputation, parts and support.

anotherdog

I say Roland because they seem to be more dependable (and I have one), but really all of the printers are mature enough in development that they will give you what you need. with few problems.

Each has slight advantages, all will do the job. The real decider is your local supplier and support. If you have a good local supplier that makes a huge difference.

iSign

see everyone thinks their printer is the best.. why not? we all faced the challenges you face, and we made our decision. Personally I place the Mimaki full solvent printer above any Mutoh, and any Roland.. because those were my choices, and I id my research, and have had no reason to alter my determination made 5 years ago when I made my purchase...

BUT, reliable service & support is KING!!!! any of those printer will more then do the job, when things go well... but when things don't go well... saving a few bucks buying from some fly-by-night vendor will cost you way more then you saved the very first time it happens.. and s#!t does happen.. so count on it, plan for it, and BUY FROM THE CLOSEST RELIABLE AFTER-THE-SALE SUPPORT AND SERVICE

Letterbox Mike

BUT, reliable service & support is KING!!!! any of those printer will more then do the job, when things go well... but when things don't go well... saving a few bucks buying from some fly-by-night vendor will cost you way more then you saved the very first time it happens.. and s#!t does happen.. so count on it, plan for it, and BUY FROM THE CLOSEST RELIABLE AFTER-THE-SALE SUPPORT AND SERVICE

+1. They all print, they all print well, they will all do what you want them to do. The brand or model really doesn't matter, the only difference really between them is going to be print speed and the higher solvent ink of the Mimaki. Otherwise, they all do the same thing. Dealer support is key, you WILL need it, so make sure you buy the machine from someone who will be there down the road.

And because everyone else has given their opinion of their own printer preference, I'll do the same. I highly recommend the Mimaki. We have "interviewed" the Mutoh and the Rolands several times but we always go back to Mimaki, we run two of them currently and will buy more if and when the need for another solvent machine arises. Speaking from intensive research and hands on use, the Mimaki is much more substantial and industrial than the others. If you don't intend to run yours 10+ hours a day, every day, that may not matter, but for the money, I need to trust that the printer will be a work horse and will be able to handle what we throw at it. I did not get that feeling from either Roland or Mutoh, but otherwise they are fine printers as well.

Modern Ink

Epson GS600.

Just put on in my shop. I looked at the Roland. Not for me. I have a Mimaki JV3-160SP (which we are going to sell). The Mimaki was good.

We turned the Epson on, plugged it in, loaded the machine and printed. Colors were absolutly AMAZING! Running Onyx RIP btw.

Colin

Like others have said, you need to think about service, training & support.

It's kinda like saying: "I'm going to buy a motorbike. Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki? Which one is best?" They're all good, with certain strengths & weaknesses of their own when highly scrutinized.

Buy printer.
Get work/customers.
Print.
Sell.

Avanti

I have had a Roland and Mimaki and they both did the job, I went with Mimaki because of the support and service of my local supplier, if something goes wrong with it they are usually here same day to fix it, and dont charge a fortune for parts.