• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which RIP software do you use ?

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Huge fan of Caldera V14. Love it. Easy to use and plenty of features for Ripping, contour cutting and Routing. Makes single and double sided printing a snap as well.

dypinc

The two I most like are ColorGate and Caldera. Would have preferred to go with Caldera but they didn't fully support one of our printers.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
We use flexi for design work and export designs as a pdf to use onyx rip & cut.
Our version of flexi doesn't support our printer and onyx came with the printer.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Hi, we're looking to upgrade from Thrive 18 to 21. Are you having any issues, and/or can you provide a brief review of any new features i.e. better labeling, swatchbook 2.0, etc. that are working better than the previous version?

Thanks in advance!

I don't use labelling, but i believe that's improved.
Swatchbooks are better (for me anyway) as it allows me to print and measure patches with my barberi devices. much faster rip times allows for multi threading. Probably other improvements. You can just get the 30 day trial and try for yourself.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
If you're printing to 11 machines from one computer, the processor is your biggest asset. As posted above, each RIP engine will use a single core so if you have fewer than that, it's going to slow things down a bit. Some processors have fancy architecture that simulates more threads and that helps as well.
hyperthreading?
pretty much any new consumer processor has that these days.