Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which software and how to start

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Woeter, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Woeter

Woeter New Member

May 18, 2005
    Hi There,

I own a webshop in Europ and i sell decals for motorbikes. I'm just a dealer. The businness is getting bigger so i'd like to make the decals myself.

I don't have much experience. I already got some information about printers and know very little about the software and stuff.

Questions i have right now:

- is is possible to just scan the original decals, and convert them to an EPS format, so i can print and cut them myself?

- i have to get licenses from Kawasaki, Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki, how much do they cost for about 2 years, and how long should it take before i can get them?

- Which software do you prefere for starters?

Thanks in advance!

Tags:
  2. WVB

WVB Very Active Member

Feb 25, 2005
    1) Yes it is possible to scan the originals but it is ILLEGAL to do so.
    2) Yes you must get licenses from the respected owners. Contact them directly and they will point you to the correct people to ask for such.
    3) Illustrator is great, Corel is another one. Then you have Flexi and SignLab for signs etc.

3. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    Why would you wish to do a job that others do for a living? Other's who can do the work so much better right away rather than you spending much time learning how to "do it yourself". Do you have the 100's of hours it will take to learn photoshop? Then learn how to operate vector software? then learn how to run a cutter and a printer?

Then do you have the cash to spend on a good cutter and printer? Economies of scale come into play here.. Basic economics

--Techman.