• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

White foils

Update! Got my new WHITE foil today.. ..... same thing :( .. so I shall order up a few yards of cast Gerber clear material and get it next monday.. now I' just curious to know what it is.. the best thing is these prints are laminated andI'm pretty good with a sharpy! :)

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
We rarely laminate but we do overprint with UV/Abrasion Guard sold by both Duracoat and Advantage Sign Supply under the Apex brand name for vehicle work and anything else outdoor that we want to last longer than 3 years in direct sunlight.

As mentioned previously, we've had problems Edge printing on Oracal films. Especially black foils. Expect to see a major improvement with the Gerber/3M films. Oracal used to print without problem and then they changed something, so do not base any evaluation or problem correction by running tests using Oracal films.

To improve on pin holes and other dropouts, always start your day by running about 3" wide by 11.75" tall of solid color. This serves to get the temperature of the print head up to speed and spread the heat out evenly.

Whenever problems happen with the prints, slow down to Edge I speed.

The Equipment Guy

I miss running Omega and the Edge, this thread is so cool info wise it makes me want to pull the one I have for sale and set it up just to print whatever for no reason, lol. Whenever I sell one, I usually have to tell people that there is one feature that you don't usually get with other machines...they are a fun machine to use. If I had of had guys like you guys around to help do tech I would have been in heaven!

This is an excellent thread.

Craig

gabagoo

The Edge software and the nature of the printer allow you to do so many different things that a cmyk printer cant do, but I love the cmyk printers for the ease of issues like this one.

For sale one Edge2...................... NOT! I ordered some 3m Cast today.. be here monday... I sent a sample pack to a fellow who was interested in my products.. he said and I quote " wanted to touch base with you got your samples in they look great very nice quality....... the colors are much more vibrant than the ones I have done" he's been having the decals he uses done by a guy with an inkjet..

Patrick46

Did you finally get that thing worked out there yet PeeWee???
You're kinda like a dog with a Frizbee when it comes to nailing down the imperfections...you just won't put it down until it's perfect!!! (why do you think I like you so much???) ;) Give 'em hell, buddy!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Called a local wholesale client today to let him know his $635 order for Edge printed labels was ready for pickup. He advised me that when he picks up tomorrow, he will be dropping off a purchase order for the $13,000 label job we quoted him in the last week of December.

Anybody got an Edge they want to get rid of?
dog42.gif

I will give an update on Monday evening when I get my 3m cast material.. I love and hate this machine at times.. one thing this whole ordeal has helped me a bunch! I was forced to use tools in there that I would have never otherwise, like the node editting tools .. the hooky thing, add and delete nodes..
It also gave me a much better insight on how Omega and the Edge work together.. I laminate my prints because I specialize in Motorcycle related graphics.. and with these being on the tanks knees have a tendency to rub on the stripes.. combined with mud or dirt we may have a problem..and besides I'm mexican so it's in my blood to like things that are shiny! :) thanks to all for the help and input .. Especially Fred! Any Tony for keeping a close eye on things..

Well I got the cast material and printed the design on it.... Same thing... Well not as bad , but same ragged edge... I did get a sample of cast material from Gerber but have yet to try it as I have a bunch of these decals laying around and until I sell the ones I have I'm not printing any more. I noticed on other decals that required a primer that the same effect was present... Though not as noticible but still there.. I will update this saga whenever I do these decals in the future... Until then...as they say.... We'll be right back!