• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wholesale Roll Labels? Alternate to Stouse

splizaat

Hey guys-

For roll labels, wee have been using Stouse exclusively for the last eight or so years. Our rep is AMAZING, and she really kicks butt with us and makes us look like all-stars...MOST OF THE TIME. Stouse pricing is right on point, their print quality is fantastic, and overall quality is great when using basic/stock items.

Where we are falling short is when we have a customer who comes to us with a label from another previous print guy....or a custom material is needing sourced. We have lost two customers this year (one is one of our biggest) because they bought a new little inkjet label printer and wanted some pre-printed and die-cut labels with legal info already printed, but we just couldn't source material that would work with their inkjet printer after four times of sending them samples to test. The customer is now two months later and out of time.

Is anyone having luck with slightly more difficult roll label situations that may require custom materials...or a little more difficult troubleshooting other than just BOPP or simple labels?

unclebun

If they have their own printer, why are they asking you to supply preprinted labels to go in their printer?

splizaat

The printer they’re using is a small inkjet equivalent to a thermal printer for quick turn labels. The ink for that printer is expensive, and even if it wasn’t, they’d still need the labels with a custom die-cut. They print six lines of black text on each label that changes each week. This is faster and cost efficient.

Now, back to your regUlarly scheduled program

unclebun

So what special material do you need and how does the material need to be supplied, i.e. roll width, material thickness, etc. in order to work? Kind of hard to help you if you leave it totally open. I can give you names of companies that make roll labels, but without knowing what you exactly need, all you'd do is check out their website and come back to say, nope, they can't do it.

Also, thermal printers don't usually use ink. There is the kind that makes cash register tape type prints using heat on special paper, and there is thermal printing that uses resin films like a Gerber Edge. Granted, some inkjets use a thermal process to squirt the ink, but they are still inkjets. So knowing the model of printer they are using would go a long way in helping you.

splizaat

I know the difference between thermal printer and inkjet - that's why i said the equivalent to...in terms of size and use.
We are looking for a wholesale roll label supplier, other than stouse.

We are not necessarily looking for this specific customer's request...they are now gone.

d fleming

Discount Labels. Been using them for years. Just had them print my rum labels and government warnings. We are using brown kraft paper with adhesive back. Not your usual request but they nailed it. As usual.

Attachments

• bottles with labels.JPG
    bottles with labels.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 305
  • first bottles.JPG
    first bottles.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 269

bannertime

Discount Labels. Been using them for years. Just had them print my rum labels and government warnings. We are using brown kraft paper with adhesive back. Not your usual request but they nailed it. As usual.

We recently met them at a show. Their prices are a bit higher, but their work looks good. We'll definitely add them into our normal vendor list. I'd recommend to anyone looking for something outside of Stouse.

d fleming

We recently met them at a show. Their prices are a bit higher, but their work looks good. We'll definitely add them into our normal vendor list. I'd recommend to anyone looking for something outside of Stouse.
All about the quality. The warning labels on liquor bottles have very fine print and my graphic in our rum logo is highly detailed. Then we made it fun by having them print it on Kraft paper which tends to be a problem in itself sometimes. They did an excellent job.