Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions Wholesalers for Yard Signs

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Jo-Jo, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Jo-Jo

Jo-Jo Member

Dec 27, 2014
    CAMERON, MO
    Curious, where do you outsource for yard signs if you don't have a flatbed printer?

Competing with the internet here, trying to keep cost low for customers that want to stay local without losing all our profit. Assuming someone has already done the research and found an awesome, reliable, quick, perfectly priced wholesaler, and looking for some help!

thank you!

Tags:
  2. 2CT Media

2CT Media Very Active Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Isn't that counter-intuitive if they are trying to keep their dollars local that you are going to outsource it to another city, county, state or country?

Btw stop competing with online, you are present your service has value. If your client wants to do it all themselves they don't need you anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Member

Oct 21, 2016
    DFW
    Signs365

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. equippaint

equippaint Very Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    Not to be rude but its not worth the headache. Garage sale people don't understand that time is money. If they did they would throw the crap in the garbage and not go searching around for a cheap sign.
    There is no future value in these customers and it will eat up your time. Half of your competition in yard sale signs is the school supply section of your local Walgreens. People go and buy a piece of poster board and a sharpie and have their kids draw it up.

5. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    DFW
    Not everyone is looking for a garage sale sign. I only sell in packs of 10 so I know I'm at least making $100 by ordering something and having it drop shipped... Designing and ordering something on Signs365 and having it dropped shipped shouldnt take over an hour... for $100 it's not that bad. Gets downright good $$ per hour when you selling them a lot more because your time invested doesnt go up the more they order...just the $$.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 2B

2B Moderator

May 5, 2011
    TX
    there are several Merchant Members that offer this type of services

7. equippaint

equippaint Very Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    But this is talking about onsie twosie walk in customers unless I missed something?

8. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    DFW
    I guess I'm missing that because I didn't read that... Different interpretations I guess.

9. Jo-Jo

Jo-Jo Member

Dec 27, 2014
    CAMERON, MO
    it is not onsie twosie- we have local election going on, so we are getting request for 50-100 of them....

10. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    FireSprint (Merchant Member)
    4over.com

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. chester215

chester215 Just call me Chester.

Sep 29, 2011
    Signs 2 trade for coro signs.

• Like Like x 1
  12. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    I've been screen printing for almost 40 years. I stay away from political signage. They want it too cheap and you have to threaten imminent death to get paid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    DFW
    Get payment upfront.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    We did political signs many years ago, before the internet was around. Made decent money, but when I saw how these signs littered our highways and cloverleafs, I decided I no longer wanted to contribute to that eye sore. A few years ago, they made it mandatory that the person's who name appeared on the sign was solely responsible for getting these signs completely removed or face a hefty fine..... win or lose. I started doing them again recently. We also demand payment up front. We just flatbed print them. Double sided is still inexpensive, compared to 25 years ago, but they still look to save pennies. If these politicians aren't loyal to the local services, I don't know why they think they should have my vote. F*ck them, they pay dearly at our shop.

• Like Like x 1
  15. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    Schools, churches and politicians. You bet.

16. SignTeam.us

SignTeam.us Member

Feb 4, 2006
    USA, IL
    We are a wholesale sign company and a few hours from you. www.signteam.us

We're also Union shop if you need it.

• Like Like x 1
    • I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1
  17. 2B

2B Moderator

May 5, 2011
    TX
    and restaurants

Also get payment by check.
    They can dispute a Credit Card charge easier and if you can prove they authorized the charge you still have to pay the charge back fee.

18. DerbyCitySignGuy

DerbyCitySignGuy Active Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Kentucky
    Yeah, get that union bug on your yard sign for those extra votes! ;)

19. mmblarg

mmblarg Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Rapid City, SD
    We do up to 50-100 yard signs in store by using ordered 18x24 pre-cut coro blanks and applying vinyl - higher quantities we send through Stouse or SinaLite. This has worked well for us thus far and we don't get many complaints on price or time frames (a few tire-kickers will "ho-hum" at cost, but they usually end up ordering anyways, heh.)

20. Jo-Jo

Jo-Jo Member

Dec 27, 2014
    CAMERON, MO
    that's what we do here as well, specially if they are in a hurry for them. out of curiosity, what do you change for a double sided sign?