• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Wholesalers for Yard Signs

Curious, where do you outsource for yard signs if you don't have a flatbed printer?

Competing with the internet here, trying to keep cost low for customers that want to stay local without losing all our profit. Assuming someone has already done the research and found an awesome, reliable, quick, perfectly priced wholesaler, and looking for some help!

thank you!

Christian @ 2CT Media

Isn't that counter-intuitive if they are trying to keep their dollars local that you are going to outsource it to another city, county, state or country?

Btw stop competing with online, you are present your service has value. If your client wants to do it all themselves they don't need you anyway.

equippaint

Not to be rude but its not worth the headache. Garage sale people don't understand that time is money. If they did they would throw the crap in the garbage and not go searching around for a cheap sign.
There is no future value in these customers and it will eat up your time. Half of your competition in yard sale signs is the school supply section of your local Walgreens. People go and buy a piece of poster board and a sharpie and have their kids draw it up.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Not to be rude but its not worth the headache. Garage sale people don't understand that time is money. If they did they would throw the crap in the garbage and not go searching around for a cheap sign.
There is no future value in these customers and it will eat up your time. Half of your competition in yard sale signs is the school supply section of your local Walgreens. People go and buy a piece of poster board and a sharpie and have their kids draw it up.

Not everyone is looking for a garage sale sign. I only sell in packs of 10 so I know I'm at least making $100 by ordering something and having it drop shipped... Designing and ordering something on Signs365 and having it dropped shipped shouldnt take over an hour... for $100 it's not that bad. Gets downright good $$ per hour when you selling them a lot more because your time invested doesnt go up the more they order...just the $$.

equippaint

Not everyone is looking for a garage sale sign. I only sell in packs of 10 so I know I'm at least making $100 by ordering something and having it drop shipped... Designing and ordering something on Signs365 and having it dropped shipped shouldnt take over an hour... for $100 it's not that bad. Gets downright good $$ per hour when you selling them a lot more because your time invested doesnt go up the more they order...just the $$.
But this is talking about onsie twosie walk in customers unless I missed something?

d fleming

it is not onsie twosie- we have local election going on, so we are getting request for 50-100 of them....
I've been screen printing for almost 40 years. I stay away from political signage. They want it too cheap and you have to threaten imminent death to get paid.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We did political signs many years ago, before the internet was around. Made decent money, but when I saw how these signs littered our highways and cloverleafs, I decided I no longer wanted to contribute to that eye sore. A few years ago, they made it mandatory that the person's who name appeared on the sign was solely responsible for getting these signs completely removed or face a hefty fine..... win or lose. I started doing them again recently. We also demand payment up front. We just flatbed print them. Double sided is still inexpensive, compared to 25 years ago, but they still look to save pennies. If these politicians aren't loyal to the local services, I don't know why they think they should have my vote. F*ck them, they pay dearly at our shop.

2B

Schools, churches and politicians. You bet.
and restaurants

Also get payment by check.
They can dispute a Credit Card charge easier and if you can prove they authorized the charge you still have to pay the charge back fee.

mmblarg

We do up to 50-100 yard signs in store by using ordered 18x24 pre-cut coro blanks and applying vinyl - higher quantities we send through Stouse or SinaLite. This has worked well for us thus far and we don't get many complaints on price or time frames (a few tire-kickers will "ho-hum" at cost, but they usually end up ordering anyways, heh.)

We do up to 50-100 yard signs in store by using ordered 18x24 pre-cut coro blanks and applying vinyl - higher quantities we send through Stouse or SinaLite. This has worked well for us thus far and we don't get many complaints on price or time frames (a few tire-kickers will "ho-hum" at cost, but they usually end up ordering anyways, heh.)

that's what we do here as well, specially if they are in a hurry for them. out of curiosity, what do you change for a double sided sign?