• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who's UV printer has the best quality print

EricFL

We're in the middle of looking at sub 200k UV printers and have demoed the HP Scitex, Oce, Fuji and will be looking at the Raztec this week and AGFA next week. Next to the quality of the machine our #1 concern is print quality. Please tell me your thoughts, who should we look at, who should we avoid, who's got the best print quality. Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Corel....or perhaps Adobe.

Wait...that was another looooong discussion we had here on the forum. I'm sure you'll get a variety of answers like that age old debate.
JB

swordguy3222

Oce and Fuji are not the same machine. Fuji sell the Acuity which is the Oce Arizona, but that is just one machine they sell. Fuji also sells Inca UV printers.

EricFL

Oce and Fuji are not the same machine. Fuji sell the Acuity which is the Oce Arizona, but that is just one machine they sell. Fuji also sells Inca UV printers.

Thanks guys, yes I'm aware that Oce builds the Fuji Acuity. I like the roll to roll option on the Oce. Best roll to roll implementation I've seen. Full time white is also a consideration for us.

cwb143

To print or not to print that is the question. No Seriously.
That question always brings up more questions. Like
How much are you going to spend? How fast do you need to print?
How big do you want to print? and Whatever machine you buy you always
find that one customer who needs something you can't do.

I hear that Pred8tor is pretty good quality. its about $600gs
for the size and speed and market you'd do well with that machine.
:toasting:

EricFL

To print or not to print that is the question. No Seriously.
That question always brings up more questions. Like
How much are you going to spend? How fast do you need to print?
How big do you want to print? and Whatever machine you buy you always
find that one customer who needs something you can't do.

I hear that Pred8tor is pretty good quality. its about $600gs
for the size and speed and market you'd do well with that machine.
:toasting:

While the Pred8tor looks cool not sure it's for me.
Looks like the final group is:
HP - SB770
Oce - 360XT
AGFA - M2050

Matt-Tastic

While the Pred8tor looks cool not sure it's for me.
Looks like the final group is:
HP - SB770
Oce - 360XT
AGFA - M2050

I think you meant the HP FB700 (if not, ignore me). All 3 are good machines, the Oce is probably the highest quality imaging printer, the HP is probably the most user-intuitive. If you're looking at a 98" hybrid printer, the CET Q-series Hybrid can be made in CMYKWx2 (total of 10 heads) and add the R2R option if you would like. All of that is less than 150k. I like the HP, but if white is a necessity for you, the CET is an equal if not better option. The Oce is probably the best of the three when it comes to while ink, but you pay for in in size and cost. Since they are all 4C+white, you could get a better image with the CET XPress1000. It runs spectra heads, can be configures 6C+W (this is the XPress 500), 6Cx2, or CMYK+Wx2, and is ridiculously fast. Just my opinion.

EricFL

I think you meant the HP FB700 (if not, ignore me). All 3 are good machines, the Oce is probably the highest quality imaging printer, the HP is probably the most user-intuitive. If you're looking at a 98" hybrid printer, the CET Q-series Hybrid can be made in CMYKWx2 (total of 10 heads) and add the R2R option if you would like. All of that is less than 150k. I like the HP, but if white is a necessity for you, the CET is an equal if not better option. The Oce is probably the best of the three when it comes to while ink, but you pay for in in size and cost. Since they are all 4C+white, you could get a better image with the CET XPress1000. It runs spectra heads, can be configures 6C+W (this is the XPress 500), 6Cx2, or CMYK+Wx2, and is ridiculously fast. Just my opinion.

Yes, sorry the FB700. The CET looks good, just not sure of CET's ability to stand behind their product long term. Some other issues we're considering include; full time white, roll to roll and flatbed v Hybird.

Matt-Tastic

CET, regardless of their "stumbles" out of the gate, have been running their own printers in their own wholesale printshop for years. They will be able to support the product for a long time. I'd stick with one of their "standard" offerings, but considering they will do just about any config they can that you ask for, you may be able to get a 14head printer for the best combo of speed and quality. Any newer white ink printer will print about the same, as white ink has always had the same issues and costs about the same. I'd prefer a flatbed, personally, because roll to roll is what solvent is for.

artbot

i (my new parntership) just bought dg express's used CET 6x10. after kicking the tires of every flatbed out there, there's just no way to compete on price/quality. we will be getting a Q series as soon as the 6x10 konica gets too busy.

EricFL

The results are in...

We spent 2 months looking at flatbed printers and we have narrowed it down to the AGFA M2540-FB and the OCE 360GT. After visiting with all the manufactures and speaking with lots of people it looks like we are going with the AGFA M2540-FB. Any other AGFA 2540 owners on this forum?

BTW - Thanks for all your input!!

Typestries

How much is that anapurna? If not that much less than the 1224HDC I can tell you firsthand the 1224 is a way more solid machine. The HDC version they sell now is pretty much photo quality on an industrial high production frame.