• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who's UV printer has the best quality print

O

onlinestar

inks that kills and burns the heads. hi level sales managers who lie and go backward on promisses. crazy pricing issues all over. untrained techs unable to really support rebranded printers they sell. i'm sure they have couple winning printers they do good with but i witnessed too too many that they dont and overall company support \ management really rubbed me in a wrong way. just search these forums, here are couple starters

http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93297&highlight=agfa

http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74033&highlight=agfa

EricFL

inks that kills and burns the heads. hi level sales managers who lie and go backward on promisses. crazy pricing issues all over. untrained techs unable to really support rebranded printers they sell. i'm sure they have couple winning printers they do good with but i witnessed too too many that they dont and overall company support \ management really rubbed me in a wrong way. just search these forums, here are couple starters

http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93297&highlight=agfa

http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74033&highlight=agfa

Thank you onlinestar! Not to be over analytical but the gist of the posts you referenced are:

Parts can be expensive especially out of warranty but the guy also said
"Why would I sell the machine off? I have owned 2 3150's for 4 years and they print 24/7 and do not owe me a dime.. They print Money all day and night.."

and on the second string I see half the comments are AGFA owners being happy with their machines for the most part and happy with AGFA service.

I'm sure if I search for HP, Oce' or Raztec I'd find similar discussions. I'd love to find a machine thats universally loved by all but I don't think it's realistic.

O

onlinestar

but here is the thing. in my own real experiences, dealing with efi, mimaki, zund, summa, miller, all of these companies act in a predictable, normal, fair way. agfa representatives, however, did not. i had agfa people lying to me, going backwards on their words, sending me inks that killed the heads - confirming the issue and fixing 50% of it; unpredictably (to me) high jacking prices on consumable and parts all the time. I'm not ranting and i could not care less about them, i just made a conclusion that i cannot partner with them on anything anymore.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
but here is the thing. in my own real experiences, dealing with efi, mimaki, zund, summa, miller, all of these companies act in a predictable, normal, fair way. agfa representatives, however, did not. i had agfa people lying to me, going backwards on their words, sending me inks that killed the heads - confirming the issue and fixing 50% of it; unpredictably (to me) high jacking prices on consumable and parts all the time. I'm not ranting and i could not care less about them, i just made a conclusion that i cannot partner with them on anything anymore.

I had a similar situation, however, it wasn't with the manufacturer, but with the distributor.
One of the items in the written quote to me was not honored when I wanted to cash in on it and they told me I had photoshopped their initial quote. It was a pdf, how in the world did I manage to pull that off ??

I'm quite happy with our choice in machines, but I have dropped that distributor. I found out they were pulling all kinds of things on us and I am now not using this distributor out of Baltimore, Maryland. By making the move, we've saved tons of money.

Letterbox Mike

I have no first hand experience with Agfa, but we do have a customer with a 2050 that has non-stop problems with it and we end up running a lot of work for them on our CET because they're down probably 50% of the time (running a job for them as I type actually). What I've heard them say about the machine and Agfa mimics what Onlinestar is saying. When we researched our flatbed purchase I heard similar stories from other Agfa users as well, which factored heavily into our decision not to purchase from them.

EricFL

I understand, and thank you for the feedback. It's a difficult process.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Eric, a couple of issues you have not mentioned in your search for the RIGHT Flatbed:

-What is your core application?

-What is the WORK FLOW?

One more question, WHY do you want the Flatbed?

EricFL

Eric, a couple of issues you have not mentioned in your search for the RIGHT Flatbed:

-What is your core application?

-What is the WORK FLOW?

One more question, WHY do you want the Flatbed?

We manufacture photo/fine art products on various sub straights. We are looking at flatbeds due to weight and registrations issues that come with belt driven/hybrid printers. We run some heavy sub straights and worried about "belt creep".