• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who's watching?

Are you watching Apples media event?

• My finger is tired from updating the link

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • checking, but only when I get a chance

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • I'm waiting for Apple to post the movie afterwards

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Couldn't care less

Votes: 45 84.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pat Whatley

You've got to give Apple credit...they've turned selling something nobody needs into an event as big as Christmas for the people who want it.

ucmj22

I have really enjoyed my iPhone4, its the first smart phone I have owned, but so far, its been irreplaceable. I appreciate that Apple cares about the consumer experience and takes the lead on keeping crap off my phone and diminishing security risks.

Flame

You've got to give Apple credit...they've turned selling something nobody needs into an event as big as Christmas for the people who want it.

I do give them credit for that. Selling expensive useless gadgets en masse. And making a fortune from it.

wildside

if you hold out for a month or two you could get the new iphone6, 7, 8, 9.....:Sleeping:

they have amazing power over their citizens, its a cult like frenzy for what.... overpriced phones that are obsolete the moment you purchase it since they have already developed its replacement

ucmj22

if you hold out for a month or two you could get the new iphone6, 7, 8, 9.....:Sleeping:

they have amazing power over their citizens, its a cult like frenzy for what.... overpriced phones that are obsolete the moment you purchase it since they have already developed its replacement

I bought my iPhone4 2 months after the release, as a refurbish for $99. I'd say thats a pretty good price for a pretty great phone.

Sticky Signs

Can't access the apple site now. Must be making the big change over. I'm still using my Iphone 3. It's seen it's better days so I'm pretty stoked to upgrade to the new phone.

my wife got the iphone 4 when it first came out....she is so far on her 3rd phone because they are a piece of *#$% phone. i get that there maybe millions of users who love them, but from her experience, she is far from pleased!

i've had blackberry phones since day one, they are a great business tool and i use it everyday and have never in all the years owning them have ever had a problem. my wife had a blackberry before she went over to the dark side! lol...... doubt she'll get another iphone again once the contract runs out.

signswi

Upgraded camera is the only real reason to upgrade off a 4 to this 4gs. If you use your iPhone as a pocket camera replacement, otherwise...meh.

Android guy myself and I shoot with a DSLR most of the time...not interested. We have an iPhone in the house as well and while the UI is super snappy the rest of it is underwhelming.

The ONE thing that's awesome about the 4gs is the gyro stabilized video, which is very cool and I hope spreads to the rest of the industry. The new iOS 5 features all seem like Android catch-up stuff.

What's really annoying is that they're FINALLY allowing you to have a hardware camera button on the iPhone...after years of suing developers for implementing volume as shoot for violating their developer TOS agreement. Classic asshole Apple move.

genericname

The new iOS 5 features all seem like Android catch-up stuff.

When the internet exploded over the new iPhone having voice commands, I thought "uh, my Android has had them forever, and nobody's throwing it a parade".

Not a hater, just not a fan of the zealots.

ucmj22

When the internet exploded over the new iPhone having voice commands, I thought "uh, my Android has had them forever, and nobody's throwing it a parade".

Not a hater, just not a fan of the zealots.

not just about simple voice commands. The new assistant feature is leaps ahead. you can say for example, "remind me to call my wife when I leave work" and the assistant will set up a "geofence" that when you leave the designated area, it will send you the reminder to call your wife. Or you can say "set up a meeting with ABC Signs" and a dialogue will begin with you phone, "when would you like to have your meeting?" "what email should I use to contact ABC Signs?" you answer the questions, and it creates an email, sends it to ABC Signs and makes an event in your calendar. I'm just happy though that I will be able to speak and hear texts finally (I know this is a previous android feature)

David Wright

not just about simple voice commands. The new assistant feature is leaps ahead. you can say for example, "remind me to call my wife when I leave work" and the assistant will set up a "geofence" that when you leave the designated area, it will send you the reminder to call your wife. Or you can say "set up a meeting with ABC Signs" and a dialogue will begin with you phone, "when would you like to have your meeting?" "what email should I use to contact ABC Signs?" you answer the questions, and it creates an email, sends it to ABC Signs and makes an event in your calendar. I'm just happy though that I will be able to speak and hear texts finally (I know this is a previous android feature)

How old are you?

Tim Aucoin

How old are you?

That question has what significance? I think umc's points are excellent ones, and I happen to agree... and I'm 49 to answer your question! This new assist feature will fit in very nicely with all of the new distracted driving laws that are in place. iPhone (and Apple) haters will always be just that no matter what Apple comes out with. Everybody's passionate over what THEY choose to use, and I respect that! :smile: