• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why does a business only accept wire transfer for printhead??!!

Andy D

Thank you everyone for your input!!!! Not going to buy from Indonesia.
Does ANYONE know of a legitimate business that has printheads at a reasonable price?

Yes! Thank You everyone for the heads up and thank you bobbiffxx for starting this thread! I was planning to eventually try and buy one head to
see if they were legitimate, ya'll saved much time and money.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Any of our local merchant members. If you want the best pricing you have to live with a measure of risk. Pretty much any company out of Indoensia that insists on a bank wire, cash, Western Union, or other unknown funding is likely never going to send you anything. There are some reliable and trustworthy overseas vendors though. However they will generally not have the utterly ridiculous prices that the scam shops do on genuine OEM parts. There are also of course some aftermarket parts that are dirt cheap but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. I've tried many dozens of cheap aftermarket parts and very often they are useless garbage. Dampers - 50-50 chance of a good aftermarket one, pumps less than 20% chance of a good reliable one..... these are from my own experience.

Sign-in-China.com is one that I will personally attest to being legitimate and will send you what you order and they do have very good prices and also ship quite fast (getting your items from China to you usually in under a week). I've also ordered plenty of parts from several of our own merchant members here all with excellent service.

phototec

The very cheap print heads from Indonesia are a scam, I have seen this before on Signs101. Be careful they take your money (wire transfer) and you will NEVER get your print head, and there is NO WAY, to get your money back!

I use Discover card for all mail orders, they offer 100% fraud protection. I purchase something from Amazon, and the seller sent the wrong item, I had a little trouble with Amazon (they wanted me to pay for the return shipping), I called Discover card and they gave me a 100% refund and said I didn't need to return the wrong item, told to trash it. So I would only use a major credit card company to pay for a print head, from any seller, period!

lgroth

Finding "best prices" is always risky.... Luck on our side, we haven't been burned yet. Last time we ordered heads was from a company called Digiprint Supplies, price was good, but not "too good to be true", ordered one we needed plus a spare (since price was so good) on a Friday, was shipped out of Brussels Belgium that day and arrived here on Monday. Next one we need I'll be talking to Solventinkjet.com, seems a safer bet even if we have to pay a little more, lot of frauds out there.

Finding "best prices" is always risky.... Luck on our side, we haven't been burned yet. Last time we ordered heads was from a company called Digiprint Supplies, price was good, but not "too good to be true", ordered one we needed plus a spare (since price was so good) on a Friday, was shipped out of Brussels Belgium that day and arrived here on Monday. Next one we need I'll be talking to Solventinkjet.com, seems a safer bet even if we have to pay a little more, lot of frauds out there.

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts, Igroth. We are so glad that you are satisfied with your order at DIGIPRINT SUPPLIES and you were delivered like most of our customers the next working day. We are a European based company and the worldwide leader in the field of spare parts for wide format printers. We strive to offer the best services in the industry with the largest stock of original spare parts in the industry and technical expertise. All our products carry a manufacturer warranty. We agree with you, you should be careful with unknown suppliers selling cheap.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me

+1 for Digiprint Supplies.
I've ordered from them twice with good results both times.

wayne k
guam usa

Ricardo Cobar

I ordered 2 parts with Digiprint Supplies, I haven't received anything after almost 1 month, but manufacturer delivery the same parts on next day. Savings with Digiprint $270 but printer was down for 1 month waiting for the parts. No customer service, just the same 3 persons who doesn't have any idea how to work with busy companies. Trying to cancel the order but when you want to cancel they are always busy or offline. To cancel, no emails back, to order they respond immediately.
I hope that I have not to escalate my cancellation to my credit card company. We used to order all the time from them, it is time to look for another provider.

Equipment:
Vutek GS series
OCE 550 GT

Update: I spoke with Rodrigo, the America's Regional Manager, he was so friendly and helpful. Hopefully we can solve this matter in good way.

Last edited:

stephane

Merchant Member
I ordered 2 parts with Digiprint Supplies, I haven't received anything after almost 1 month, but manufacturer delivery the same parts on next day. Savings with Digiprint $270 but printer was down for 1 month waiting for the parts. No customer service, just the same 3 persons who doesn't have any idea how to work with busy companies. Trying to cancel the order but when you want to cancel they are always busy or offline. To cancel, no emails back, to order they respond immediately.
I hope that I have not to escalate my cancellation to my credit card company. We used to order all the time from them, it is time to look for another provider.

Equipment:
Vutek GS series
OCE 550 GT

Update: I spoke with Rodrigo, the America's Regional Manager, he was so friendly and helpful. Hopefully we can solve this matter in good way.

Hi Ricardo,

Your order was shipped out last week. We apologise for this unusual delay but the ink reservoirs heaters you ordered were not on stock and had to be ordered from Océ as indicated online. These items are not often ordered by our clients and it is therefore not kept on stock. We have more than 20,000 different products online and we keep more than 10,000 on stock but as you can imagine not all products are on stock always. Whether an item is on stock on not is visible on our web site and our sales reps are available 24 hours a day on chat, email and phone to give you more information about the lead time for the not on stock items. We carry the largest stock of spare parts for wide format printers in the world and we are always working very hard to fulfil all orders as quickly as possible. All we do is sell spare parts, all our clients are in a hurry, all we work for to get your order out as quickly as possible to have your printer back up and running really fast.
Have a good day.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Have you checked eBay? We have had pretty good luck ordering parts of all kinds (including printheads). Pay through eBay checkout (PayPal) and you will have a fair amount of protection against just not getting your item at all.

Amazon too, but there are not as many parts in my experience.

corey_deuser

I ordered parts from Digiprint on a Sunday expecting a shipment either Monday or Tuesday. When no tracking number was sent I called and was told it would be shipped that day. After this I called everyday getting the same answer. Until I was told that customs had a mix up and that it will ship out soon. A week out from my order it shipped. I was happy with how quickly it got here once shipped. The support was always nice even if I wasn’t and did make things right. I did just recently order from them on Tuesday and hopefully I’ll get a tracking number soon. Happy with everything but speed of getting the package shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stephane

Merchant Member
I ordered parts from Digiprint on a Sunday expecting a shipment either Monday or Tuesday. When no tracking number was sent I called and was told it would be shipped that day. After this I called everyday getting the same answer. Until I was told that customs had a mix up and that it will ship out soon. A week out from my order it shipped. I was happy with how quickly it got here once shipped. The support was always nice even if I wasn’t and did make things right. I did just recently order from them on Tuesday and hopefully I’ll get a tracking number soon. Happy with everything but speed of getting the package shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Corey,

Thank you for being a loyal client, your last order placed on 13th February after cut-off time was shipped today, you will be delivered on Monday. We hope this helps.

We opened our new facility in Miami beginning of February. The good news is that this new warehouse will ensure next day delivery times to all US clients from now on.

Best regards